Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What gets test faster? Book online or phone?

Options
  • 20-06-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

What is the current waiting time for a test if you book online?
    What if you phone in?
    Any other way I missed?
    Tagged:

Comments

Phone in has always worked for me. Ring first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I rang them up before and they told me they can just see what I can see when I book online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I rang them up before and they told me they can just see what I can see when I book online.

Thats never happened to me usually nothing on line for 2 months , phoned them, normally have booking in 2/3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Phone is defintely faster. Ive never waited longer than a fortnight when I have picked up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Phone is faster and ask for a cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Somebody posted recently that trying the NCT site just after 23:30 can reveal previously unavailable slots for the following week or two, which is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Somebody posted recently that trying the NCT site just after 23:30 can reveal previously unavailable slots for the following week or two, which is correct.

Yup, it works. Got a slot for the following week, whereas logging on during the day, no spot could be booked for at least 2 months.

This was for Northpoint, ftr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭micks_address

yeah i phoned recently after there being no online appointment for 2 months, they took my details and preferred appt times and said i'd have a text within 2 weeks and an appointment before the 4 weeks and sure enough got my text and have a test booked for this friday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

phone defiantly , if they say the waiting time is going to be over 4 weeks tell them the test will be free so as your waiting longer than a month , and they'l slot you right in within 14 days ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Its nonsense in this day and age that the phone system is significantly faster at getting a date than the online system, considering they both should serve an equal purpose. I also have no idea why they haven't added a 'I'll take a cancellation' option on the online system such that those who are more flexible (i.e. Say with 24 hours notice) could take a slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

ironclaw wrote: »
    Its nonsense in this day and age that the phone system is significantly faster at getting a date than the online system, considering they both should serve an equal purpose.

As the old saying goes, you cant argue/negotiate with a computer! Just like with insurance, the person on the other end of the phone may be able to work something that is more to your liking, whereas a website will only be able to follow how it has been programmed (ie give next available date for requested test center).

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭flowers345

sorted there but now need a spot to park the car up to the test.

Advertisement