Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diluting E-liquid with water - Distilled / Sterilised??

Options
  • 20-06-2014 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

As part of my never-ending search to find the right e-liquid I am looking to dilute some of the more pallatable flavours I've found.

Distilled water is recommended for this purpose on dedicated e-cig forums.

I ordered some from a Dublin pharmacy but got this:

Final_zps31e307ba.jpg

Sterile water for Irrigation - Is this the same as distilled?

It says 'Do not heat above 65 degrees C' - Whats this about - this will surely happen in the atomiser?

'Discard unused portion' - well I'd really like to keep it to make more eliquids in the future. Has this funny cap which does nothing so will have to find an airtight container after I cut this one open.

Final1_zps223f6f50.jpg

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

The water you got is designed (as you've found out) for one shot of cleaning things out (eye rinse, wounds, etc). Once it's open it's not medicinally sterile any more.

Sterile water is made by boiling it for a few minutes, or, worse, adding chlorine to it. I wouldn't use that in my ecig.

Car shops sometimes have distilled water.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

You can dilute juice with vodka, a couple of drops per 10ml.
    This will also add a little extra throat hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

If you use some frost from your icebox ,this is the same as purified water and costs nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Maple77

Thanks lads, I've contacted pharmacy to get this replaced with distilled

Advertisement