Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfie flip flops and scandals

Options
  • 20-06-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

Question for all the ladies. Does a pair of flip flops exist that won't cut in between your big toe and second toe and are nice and soft and comfie? If so please tell me where to find them.

Second question: are there any fashionable sandals out there that are flattering to the leg that again are super comfie and don't require weeks of breaking in? Looking for something I can wear with shorts, jeans and dresses.

Bear in mind that they are for a holiday where I imagine I'll be walking around town at night and to and from the beach.

Thanks for all the help :)

Sorry prob should mention I'm Donal's 'better half' and he is not having an identity crisis!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Scandalous!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donalmiller

Scandalous!

Thanks-obviously too tired to be on boards.ie!! Unfortunately I don't know how to change the title so it'll have to continue and scandals!! lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I wear my Birkenstock most summers - never any real problems with them and quite comfy. Plus there are some lovely designs! Might not be to everyone's taste but I love them and I have had mine since 2006 and they are still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If it's something casual enough you're looking for I would suggest haviannas. I have three pairs and I live in them, sometimes I forget I have anything on my feet at all. I got mine in schuh but I'm sure loads of places stock them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Look for flipflops with a fabric strap, rather than a plastic one. They're much less likely to cut you. Otherwise, Havaianas are probably the best brand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

Hush puppies flip flop, very soft and comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

sillymoo wrote: »
    I wear my Birkenstock most summers - never any real problems with them and quite comfy. Plus there are some lovely designs! Might not be to everyone's taste but I love them and I have had mine since 2006 and they are still going strong!

I think I'm going to invest in a pair of these, are they good for long walks, walking all day site seeing etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I think I'm going to invest in a pair of these, are they good for long walks, walking all day site seeing etc?

Yup once you get used to them they are brilliant for wearing ask day everyday. I was introduced to them by a friend who used to wear them on really long walks with no bother! They are hardy and will last you ages. Well worth the price. TK Maxx also sell them cheaper than the store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I ordered some sandals from Dunnes online site. Earth Spirit is the name. They come in grey and navy/black and are 30 euro. I don't normally wear sandals, haven't done for over 30 years but it's too humid for anything else. They have velcro adjustable straps over the toe, the top of the foot and the heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I have a five-year-old pair of Vagabond flat leather sandals, they are the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet! I think the main thing that makes them comfortable is that they have a sort of 'ring' around the big toe, instead of a toe post.
    Highly recommend the brand, they're strappy sandals with a leather sole. Greene's shoe shops usually have a couple of their styles in stock. Can't find a pic of mine online, I've been trying to find exactly the same ones for when my existing ones die but I'm having no luck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Scandalous!

I laughed way too hard at this :pac: sun going to my head I think :o

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oswin

Go for leather or fabric, I find the plastic ones fine for the pool but really hard on your feet for wearing all day. I got a lovely pair of soft leather sandals in aldo recently and also picked up a pair of flip flops with fabric straps in h&m for just a fiver the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donalmiller

Brilliant, thanks for all the replies. I bought a comfie pair of sandals in Hobbs today in kildare outlet. Hopefully they'll be as comfie when I wear them in. That's a great point about the flip flops, almost all the flip flops I've worn have plastic in between the toes or have a little plastic bit covering another material. I'll try find leather ones. I hear Birkenstock sandals are sore when wearing them in, did anyone find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Brilliant, thanks for all the replies. I bought a comfie pair of sandals in Hobbs today in kildare outlet. Hopefully they'll be as comfie when I wear them in. That's a great point about the flip flops, almost all the flip flops I've worn have plastic in between the toes or have a little plastic bit covering another material. I'll try find leather ones. I hear Birkenstock sandals are sore when wearing them in, did anyone find that?

Birkenstocks take a bit of 'wearing in', but they're worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Faith wrote: »
    Look for flipflops with a fabric strap, rather than a plastic one. They're much less likely to cut you. Otherwise, Havaianas are probably the best brand.
    Agree on avoiding plastic straps. I have a pair of Merrell Senise flip flops and they are really comfortable. They have an elasticated band around the middle of the foot which helps to keep them on. Also they have a shaped footbed with good arch support. I wish I could find another pair to replace these ones that I've been wearing for about four years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I wear flip-flops every chance I get - even in winter and I often have several pairs on the go.

I bought these Nike flip-flops the last time I was in the US and they are very comfortable. No effect on my feet at all.

188575_012_ss_01?scl=3.1380753138075312&qlt=70&fmt=jpeg&wid=478&hei=359&op_sharpen=1

I don't get the Havianas thing at all - they're just a generic-type flat flip-flop with a big price tag. Personally, I'd want a little cushioning on the sole,plus some fabric. FitFlops are another option also, very comfortable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Crocs sandals are the biz! i have mine about 3 yrs, still comfy enough for a full day, high enough for style, not to bad on price,

Advertisement