Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for a racerback bra

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi girls,

Has anyone come across any racerback bras in the shops recently? I've a few summer tops that really need this style. I have a multiway/ strapless bra that does the job ok but would prefer a normal bra with actual racerback straps or with straps that clip together at the back (I seem to remember seeing something like this years ago!). If anyone knows where I might get one or if they even exist I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Marks and Spencer used to do the ones that you clip at the back. Not sure if they still do, but I got a couple a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Penneys have them I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oswin

Thanks for the suggestions. I was in M&S and they don't seem to do the one with the clip anymore unfortunately. Will have a look in penneys and Ann Summers (can't open those links in work, site must be blocked! ) over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

If you google 'clip to make bra racerback' you'll see you can get packs of clip thingies will turn any bra into a racer back bra.I think Hickeys might do them.

• Advertisement

HelgaWard wrote: »
    If you google 'clip to make bra racerback' you'll see you can get packs of clip thingies will turn any bra into a racer back bra.I think Hickeys might do them.

Thanks, I feel a bit silly as it didn't occur to me that you could get the clips separately to use with a normal bra! Google tells me they sell them in Debenhams so will try there tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I read here
    http://www.petiteplentiful.com/2013/07/alterations-how-to-make-bra-racerback.html
    that the clips aren't great, I tried her suggestion of the ring & found it uncomfortable but the ribbon option works well.

Well I picked up the clips for €4.50 in Debenhams at the weekend (can't post the link but you can find them under "bra accessories" on the website). They seem good to me but I haven't used them for long enough to know whether the clip will annoy me or move after a while.. They seem really handy though and it means any bra I already own can become a racerback so I don't have to worry about only having one colour or whatever.
    The reviewer that dotcomdolly linked to seemed to be putting the clip on before she put the bra on which wouldn't work at all as far as I can tell. I just loosened my straps a bit and attached it once I had it on which was a bit awkward but possible eventually. It would definitely be easier to have some one put the clip on for you if that's an option!

Advertisement