Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please on dress for the races

Options
  • 19-06-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hello,

I bought a dress for the races for ladies day and when I was buying it the lady in the shop said it would be in the local magazine on a model advertising the races, I was a bit hesitant about that as I felt it would almost take away from how different it was but I went for it as the lady said its the only dress they have of it etc.

So now today the local newspaper came out and the dress is in it on the model beside one of the judges and the same picture is put on two different Facebook pages. :mad:

I am unsure now as to what I should do?? I love the dress and it is nice on me but I feel like it takes away from how different it is, especially to the judge who is in the same picture!

Any advice please? (It was very expensive so I feel I cant buy another dress.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Are you looking to enter the best dressed competition? Because other than that I cannot understand why it would matter that someone has already worn the dress?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Do you like the dress?
    Does it fit you and suit your figure?
    Are you comfortable in the dress?
    Will you wear it again?

If yes to the above, then keep the dress and enjoy wearing it. If it was me, and I go to the races all the time (although not to enter the best dress competition, admittedly), and it doesn't bother me whether the dress has been featured in photo shoots, or if it's been seen before. So long as I feel comfortable I'm happy.

Also, on an aside: you could always accessorise the dress differently, so it doesn't look exactly the same as in the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thanks for the replies. Yes I hope to enter the competition.. so that makes me unsure about whether it is the correct dress appearance wise now.

Convert- I will be buying a nice head piece that will hopefully make it more individual. This to me is the only difference I can make to it as it is a striking dress plain so I don't want to make it tacky looking!!

Advertisement