Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi strimmer

Options
  • 19-06-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭

I see there selling strimmers in aldi, does anybody think there worth buying. The mother wants one but I'm not sure will they'll be any good. There's a bit of striming to do around the back of the house but someof the grass is thick enough and some good few weeds. Worried this strimmer might not be up to the challenge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

I was wondering the same myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Provided the weeds aren't a thicket of brambles and the garden isn't too big, it should work perfectly fine.
    A neighbour buys his power tools there are they work fine for him.
    Aldi do that "no questions asked" return policy provided you have the original box and receipt (sister works with them) if anything does go wrong, but read the instructions too. There's often a nugget of info to make the product work better/last longer.
    Wear eye-protection!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I was wondering the same this morning so called my Dad because he knows best! In fairness he is a fairly handy amateur mechanic and said that's its a decent engine and Also tools tend to be decent. He reckons its a better bet than buying a branded one second hand so I went for it. I went to get it at about 7 this evening and it was the second last one. I'd say its going to be popular. Its the first time they have sold a petrol strimmer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Its a "bushcutter" with two steel blades so it should cope with long grass and thick weeds. Good price.
    There are different policies regards petrol tools, Argos don't accept returns. Might be something to do with storage of faulty tools with petrol in them.

Advertisement