Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Fishing-easily accessible fishing spots North Cork

Options
  • 19-06-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I have picked up a few injuries that wont be healed for a good few weeks :(
    Tore a calf muscle and twisted my back.

Obviously that prevents me from wading, climbing through ditches, or going up and down steep banks.

If anyone know of any good fishing spots where I can continue fly-fish I would really appreciate your help.

I live in Charleville, North Cork and can travel in a radius of about 30 miles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

are you looking for rivers/lakes/stocked ponds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

okedoke wrote: »
    are you looking for rivers/lakes/stocked ponds?

River or lake, doesnt matter for me.
    I cant afford to be spending more €10 a day fishing though.

few nice rivers I used to fish before.; Funshion (sp?) around Glanworth. Bride around Rathcormac (maybe a bit far). Blackwater.

Stocked lake near Mallow (Ballyhass)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

okedoke wrote: »
    Funshion (sp?) around Glanworth

Heard great things about the Funshion, and it would be close enough for me
    Any particular stretch that would be suitable being that I cant wade, climb through ditches or over styles, or going up and down steep banks.

Ballyhass it out of the question, too expensive for me I'm afraid.

you'd probably need to be able wade for the Funshion I suppose, I used to fish around Kildorrery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement