Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob Help needed

Options
  • 19-06-2014 9:19am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I have got caught up in the world cup and have placed a few bets. I have an 11 match accumulator on which 6 have come up so far with 1 of the remaining a "guarantee" (The chess one)

My question is, would there be a way to lay off some of the remaining matches so I can lock in at least some return? Thanks!

Portugal @ 7/10
    Win-Draw-Win
    USA v Portugal Pending

Holland @ 13/10
    Win-Draw-Win
    Holland v Chile Pending

Magnus Carlsen @ 3/10
    Outright Betting
    World Chess Championship - 2014 Pending

England @ 1/2
    Win-Draw-Win
    Costa Rica v England Pending

Japan @ 6/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Japan v Greece Pending

Croatia @ 4/6
    Win-Draw-Win
    Cameroon v Croatia Win

Argentina @ 4/11
    Win-Draw-Win
    Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina Win

France @ 1/3
    Win-Draw-Win
    France v Honduras Win

Switzerland @ 7/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Switzerland v Ecuador Win

Monaghan @ 11/10
    Match Betting
    Monaghan v Tyrone Win

Cork @ 6/5
    Match Betting
    Clare v Cork Win

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I can see why you want to cash in anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

All these "experts" and nobody to advise, What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

All these "experts" and nobody to advise, What a shame.

Maybe there isn't a way to "lock in" any profit yet......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Maybe there isn't a way to "lock in" any profit yet......

Too many selections left to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Alternatively maybe when you do an 11-leg accumulator then you need to have the cajones to at least see it past the 7th leg - otherwise what's the point of doing it in the first place!

• Advertisement

DB74 wrote: »
    Alternatively maybe when you do an 11-leg accumulator then you need to have the cajones to at least see it past the 7th leg - otherwise what's the point of doing it in the first place!

Great idea, thanks!

Sorry - I'm having a bad day :o:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Japan @ 6/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Japan v Greece Pending
    I guess thats the end of that then...
    hard luck on the bet, it was a good bet in fairness, a nice varied selection .
    I hope you didnt have too much money on it. I like bets that are across alot of sports .
    Like the peopel said, there was too long to go to lock in any profits.

In future if you have an 11 way accumulator, maybe break split your stake across a few accums, 5 way , 6 way and the 11 way

Thanks, no I don't usually gamble, I only had €2 on. If it did come up it would have been pure fluke!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Don't mean to Hijack thread, but I placed a bet on Costa Rica V Greece O1.5 First Half Goals in ET at 14/1. I noticed the odds were exceptionally high and probably a mistake by traders. Now I got an E-mail saying odds was misplaced should have been 7/4 and bet was settled on those odds. Now it was a loser anyway. BUT had it won would I be able to argue that I wanted the odds at 14/1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Don't mean to Hijack thread, but I placed a bet on Costa Rica V Greece O1.5 First Half Goals in ET at 14/1. I noticed the odds were exceptionally high and probably a mistake by traders. Now I got an E-mail saying odds was misplaced should have been 7/4 and bet was settled on those odds. Now it was a loser anyway. BUT had it won would I be able to argue that I wanted the odds at 14/1?

No they would have settled on the 7/4. It's common enough for bookies to make a mistake on the betting in running prices then have to correct their mistake at a later time. Not very professional of them but guess they don't care.

No they would have settled on the 7/4. It's common enough for bookies to make a mistake on the betting in running prices then have to correct their mistake at a later time. Not very professional of them but guess they don't care.

Now, could I not argue for my money back as I would of not placed the bet at those odds?

Usually you have the option of cancelling the bet if the odds were different, as in your case above.

Can't see it happening if the bet has already lost TBH.

Not unless you want your card marked in the bookies, although there is a possibility that it already is by virtue of you having taken the inflated odds.

That's mental, sure if I lumped on a 11/10 say and it won, could they not as easily turn around and email me saying "Oh it was meant to be 10/11?

Palpable error on their part mate, always their get out clause. Search Crystal palace crawley palpable error on here and you'll see how paddy power have form for this.

Palpable error on their part mate, always their get out clause. Search Crystal palace crawley palpable error on here and you'll see how paddy power have form for this.

Wow.. That's mental. Just read up on it there. Did you get paid out in the end Buckfasterer? I only threw mini stakes on the 14/1 as I had a feeling something was up. But big differeeence between a mistake of 14/1 and 7/4... 25/1 clearly he mixed it up with 1/25 but how the fck did he do 14/1! Haha.

Wow.. That's mental. Just read up on it there. Did you get paid out in the end Buckfasterer? I only threw mini stakes on the 14/1 as I had a feeling something was up. But big differeeence between a mistake of 14/1 and 7/4... 25/1 clearly he mixed it up with 1/25 but how the fck did he do 14/1! Haha.

Not a cent. Could have ended up with 3k I reckon. My account was closed then soon afterwards. I tried taking it to IBAS but was told it was a no go.

Found this online which is a pretty good synopsis of the events

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/paddypower-and-crystal-palace-result_topic32102.html

It's actually infuriating me reading that. Unbelievable

It's actually infuriating me reading that. Unbelievable

Ha, took me about a year to calm down!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

lol
    great minds and all that
    there was less than 5 mins of the first half of extra time left so
    I didnt think the odds were that high

similiar bet here

1zc4eg.jpg

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    lol
    great minds and all that

similiar bet here

1zc4eg.jpg

Yup basically the exact same email I got!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

mailburner wrote: »
    lol
    great minds and all that

similiar bet here

1zc4eg.jpg

The fact that they can actually do that is DISGUSTING.

Advertisement