Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long can you store prosecco ?

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:34pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title asks , getting married in December , and just wondering if we came across a deal on prosecco between this and then should we jump on it ?

Sorry if its a stupid question , I'm more of a whiskey man myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Once it's not stored in the heat or sunlight it'll be fine.

Dunnes is my fav for prosecco I could drink it all day!
    can't remember the name of it but it's €8.60 a bottle has gradually crept up from €6.99 but they often do deals where buy 4 or more bottles and get 25% off

Usually there's a best before stamped on it too for extra peace of mind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Like I said , I'm more of a whiskey man , leave it there for 10 or 12 years and get back to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Where did you see the deal, as we're currently looking for September ourselves?

Not sure, but I'd imagine a few months at least.

All I know from previous threads on this is that you should go for Spumante rather than Frizzante, as the Frizzante goes flat much quicker once opened, and some glasses may be left waiting to be served/ drank for up to half an hour!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Didn't even begin to look yet. But we'll be keeping our eyes open from here on in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ! Amityville

Dunnes deal of 25% off every four bottles ended at the beginning of June, it might be worth asking a member of staff if they're done on a regular 3 or 6 month basis? Also, although there were still some nice deals I did notice that quite a few of the wines were priced a euro or more than in Tesco per bottle. Tesco also do a 5% off if you buy 6 bottles but they seem to put up the price of some of their wines for that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Dunnes offer is back on according to this poster
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057233595/1/#post90919777

Advertisement