Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ride on gear selection

Options
  • 18-06-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Just happened today, have a castlegarden twin cut, have it about ten yrs and this is the first thing to go wrong, when i put into gear it wont move, just gives a kind of a shudder, can select reverse but its very slow, had a look at the belt and it appears to be very slack and it seems to be twisted...I oiled up the brake/clutch and put some 3in1 on the gear stick, any ideas folks???...tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

denlaw wrote: »
    Just happened today, have a castlegarden twin cut, have it about ten yrs and this is the first thing to go wrong, when i put into gear it wont move, just gives a kind of a shudder, can select reverse but its very slow, had a look at the belt and it appears to be very slack and it seems to be twisted...I oiled up the brake/clutch and put some 3in1 on the gear stick, any ideas folks???...tia

There is a tensioning sprung pully that keeps the drive belt tight, it may have failed and isn't allowing drive to the back end..

If you follow the belt you'll find it..

I replaced ours 2 years ago and I think it cost ~€15

Advertisement