Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Him!!!

Options
  • 18-06-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I just don't know were to start, the most unbelievable circumstances have occurred!!!!!!!!

I have been looking at getting a job done in the house for a year now and getting some quotes, I decided last week a particular company I had contacted I would go ahead with him. Contacted the guy and great we arranged a date to come out.

Sunday night just gone, I was trying to think of other ways in trying to progress my search for my brother and by complete chance I came across on a social site that his next door neighbour recently had an event, so I thought great, I have something to go on. Then as I was looking through the friends list I realised the guy who was coming out to me to do a job was on the friends list, I thought how bizarre is this and I decided as he was due out the next day I'd ask him about the neighbour,

Then I checked my email and realised the guy/company coming out (Monday morning just gone) had the same surname as my brother, I thought omg!!! could this be a complete coincidence.

So this guy came out on Monday, measured up and we discussed the job but because as he was leaving everything was so rushed I didn't get a chance to ask him about my brother or to be honest I didn't know how to initiate the conversation.

Sorry to go on and on, but that evening Monday, I sent an email confirming the job and briefly mentioning, I was looking for an old family friend and I see your friends with a neighbour, gave my brother name etc... He emailed back that evening and said, yes he knows those people mentioned.

And to make a long story short, yesterday morning I lay my cards on the table and said, I've got to take the risk, so I explained, I trying to find my adopted brother etc....

Last night this guy/company who are doing a job at my home.... he emailed back saying, yes he knows him, he knows the address because that's his brother!!!!!!

We left it at, he would like to meet me and discuss a lot, how bizarre, seriously!!!!!

I'm so so close now in finding out all about my brother, can't believe his brother was in my house on Monday and he coming back to complete work, I'm still in shock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MartinJohn

AMAZING!!!! Delighted to hear your news. Congrats. Hope everything goes well for yet. Congrats again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Wow! What a coincidence. Goes to show its a small world. I hope all goes well from here on in. Best of luck. At least you will hear all about him growing up and hopefully he himself will be open to meeting you and your mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Ghekko wrote: »
    Wow! What a coincidence. Goes to show its a small world. I hope all goes well from here on in. Best of luck. At least you will hear all about him growing up and hopefully he himself will be open to meeting you and your mum.
    it does show what a small world it is.

When I was getting married abroad they wanted confirmation that my natural birth mother (and father) were not related to my wife, basicly to show I wasnt my wifes brother. Of course I couldnt provide that thanks to the irish system (which was another thing to convince them that i had no access to the records) and eventually had to swear on the bible that my fiance was to the best of my knowledge not my sister.

I thought they were bonkers to be asking such a question, but when you hear here of how many folks find siblings living just down the road you would wonder if it hasnt happened in Ireland already that 2 siblings ended up together romantically without knowing it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That's absolutely brilliant rc.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMso8rle5A0dfEt1jB2ww5UdS2gu8cvkjz9nR3PU0CSEbYYoB-IQ

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rcdada

Thank you all so so much, I would be lost without this site, its just fantastic the support and information given.

I know this maybe the start of a long journey but I can't believe I am so close now. I know my brother is not living in this country and hasn't for a long time but that doesn't matter just the fact and possibility of a meeting is so so exciting.

To be honest, it uncanny, its unbelievable this guy lives on the other side of the city but what are the chances that I chose him and he just so happens to be the brother of my adopted brother, quite incredible!!!!

I actually spoke to my father today and explained what I'd being doing and I had found my brother, this was the first time ever I have spoken about this to my dad, he was very surprised but thankfully he does welcome this information.

So exciting, so nervous, I think I was living in a bit of a fantasy and I was nearly enjoying the searching and now its a reality, its quite hard to take in. Will keep you up dated.

Thank you all, its been a pleasure being part of this forum, truly genuine honest people. xxx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

You really discover what a small island we live on when you start tracing.
    My sister and I are both adopted and when she traced her natural/ unadopted :confused:[you know what I mean] sister I recognised her as soon as I met her as a friend of a friend.
    When my partner came to live with me in Dublin she worked for a time across from Temple Hill where I came from. Except that I really came from somewhere else before that which I discovered when I started searching is actually down the road from my partners home town! We might even be very distant cousins!:eek:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 45 schoolmouse

Delighted for you Rcdada, I know how you feel, hope everything goes smoothly for all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Terri Kiernan

I am so so happy for you I do not believe in coincidence , I believe in timing and in things that are meant to be. This is it for you this is the time that you will know your brother and enjoy, I do not understand life at the best of times, but I know we each have something to offer , something to put out there, now is the time for you.
    May the Gods that be shine on you and enjoy enjoy enjoy
    Love
    Terri
    I am with you in spirit ....

Advertisement