Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MK908ii potentially bricked

Options
  • 18-06-2014 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Looks like I may have bricked my MK908ii. It was working fine on Saturday and I unplugged it. When I plugged it back in, it won't get past the startup screen.

I was running Finless Rom 1.5 on it. I have tried flashing the rom again and also trying to upgrade to 1.6 but it keeps giving a fail message relating to the IDB when I attempt to flash.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Find a stock Rom and flash that first. The fact your pc is seeing it and your getting some output on screen makes me think it's not bricked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Ste- wrote: »
    Find a stock Rom and flash that first. The fact your pc is seeing it and your getting some output on screen makes me think it's not bricked yet.

Thanks. Will give that a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Sadly no luck with that either. The PC recognizes the device OK, as does the flash tool but even when trying to flash the stock ROM I get an "IDB" fail message.

Not sure what other options I have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Does the firmware you download include an IDB ?

Advertisement