Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seth Rollin's new ring attire and Smackdown Spoilers 20th June

Options
  • 18-06-2014 7:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

* John Cena kicks off SmackDown. He's interrupted by Alberto Del Rio, then Sheamus, then Cesaro, then Roman Reigns and finally Randy Orton. Reigns brawls with Orton up the ramp while Cena and Sheamus clear the ring of Cesaro and Del Rio.

* Seth Rollins defeated Kofi Kingston. Rollins came out wearing new ring gear.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Bad News Barrett in a non-title match.

* Adam Rose defeated Titus O'Neil. Titus demanded that the match be re-started and Rose rolled him up again for the pin.

* Kane defeated Dean Ambrose. Seth Rollins was on commentary. During the match, Ambrose attacked Rollins at the announce table. Ambrose came back in the ring and got chokeslammed for the pin. After the match, Rollins came in and hit the curb stomp on Ambrose.

* Big E squashed Jack Swagger. Zeb Colter's pre-match promo was longer than the match itself.

* Backstage segment with Summer Rae sneaking in a kiss on Fandango. Layla sees this and starts crying.

* Bo Dallas vs. Fandango is next. A brawl breaks out between Summer Rae and Layla during the match, leading to Layla accidentally kicking Fandango and Bo getting the win. After the match, Bo gave a pep talk to Fandango.

* Bray Wyatt cuts a promo backstage about winning the WWE World Heavyweight Title at Money In the Bank.

* Sheamus, Roman Reigns and John Cena defeated Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio and Cesaro. The whole match was built around Reigns getting the hot tag. Reigns pinned Del Rio for the win.

BqYG4B_CcAAvEI3.jpg
    BqYb_soIgAA9JZ_.jpg

Stupid sexy Flanders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

"oh my god! They killed Rollins"
    "You ba$tards"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They may or may not be going after the gay market with Ambrose:

BqX1iZxCcAEz6nq.jpg

I know he has worked hard on his upper body since the indies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah, the difference between Ambrose even when he was in FCW and today, appearance wise is amazing. He's ****ing jacked now.

Rollins....wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I see Rollins is now saving Metropolis in his spare time.

Seriously though, it looks something rejected for The Hurricane.

• Advertisement

Now he has his leathers he should get back his motorcycle:

normal_Seth_Riding_a_motorbike.jpg

^ Picture from the typically horrible Florida Championship Wrestling promo pics. Poor Seth looks so goofy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I read on another site that Ziggler BNB was a MITB Qualifer match. Can anyone confirm or deny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I see Rollins is now saving Metropolis in his spare time.

Levelling Metropolis more like, looks like one of Zod's rejects.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That look's truly awful, maybe they thought they had to improve his physique?

The-Simpsons-nerd-cameos-adam-west1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

normal_Seth_Riding_a_motorbike.jpg

Seth Rollins is Reno Raines in ...RENEGADE!

250px-Renegade.png

Im getting plenty of milage out of this pic! (LETS GO RENEGADE...!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,552 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE taped the June 20th episode of SmackDown from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Here are the results:
    Dark Match:
    Los Matadores defeated Heath Slater and Damien Sandow
    WWE SmackDown (Airing Friday):
    Smackdown started with a John Cena promo. He was eventually joined by all the Money in the Bank match participants except Bray Wyatt. Dissension was teased between Roman Reigns and Cena. Reigns and Orton fought to the back. Cesaro and Alberto Del Rio attacked Sheamus and Cena, but the heels were cleared from the ring. Then there was tension teased between Sheamus and Cena as well.
    Seth Rollins defeated Kofi Kingston. Rollins cut a post-match promo.
    Dolph Ziggler beat Bad News Barrett in a non-title match. Barrett cut a pre-match promo and referenced the World Cup and the U.S. Men’s National Team. Ziggler won with a roll-up. After the match, Ziggler was celebrating in the corner. When he jumped off the ropes, Barrett hit him with the Bull Hammer elbow.
    Adam Rose defeated Titus O’Neil. Rose won with a roll-up in under a minute.
    Adam Rose defeated Titus O’Neil with a roll-up in 0:05. No, this is not a typo (and probably not a re-shoot either). Titus challenged Rose to an immediate rematch. Rose accepted and slapped Titus hard across the face, then rolled him up for the pin.
    Kane defeated Dean Ambrose via a choke slam. Seth Rollins was featured on commentary for this match. Towards the end of the match, after performing a suicide dive on Kane, Ambrose jumped over the announce table and brawled with Rollins. Rollins hit Ambrose with a Curb Stomp following the match. There were loud “You Sold Out!” chants from the crowd to close the segment.
    Big E defeated Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) via the Big Ending in under 1:30. Zeb cut a pre-match promo asking Big E how long he’s been working with Lana.
    In a backstage segment, Summer Rae approached Fandango and after some idle chatter they shared a long kiss. Layla emerged from the dressing room behind Fandango to catch the end of the kiss. She started to cry.
    Bo Dallas defeated Fandango via a Bo-Dog in under 2:00. The “match” wasn’t even that long. Layla was conspicuous by her absence during Fandango’s entrance. Once Fandango was in the ring, Summer Rae ran down into the ring and tried to dance with Fandango. She blew him a kiss as Fandango ushered her away. Layla then attacked Summer from behind and a cat fight broke out. Fandango tried to break it up, but he got slapped in the process. Bo helped him to his feet and then hit a Bo-Dog for the win.
    Post-match, Bo did his usual over-the-top celebration. He then knelt over Fandango in the corner and said, “Don’t worry. There are plenty of fish in the sea. One day, you’ll catch the right one!” Bo then hugged Fandango in the corner. There was a large BO-HIO sign in the front row. Funny. Also, there were multiple (Obama HOPE-style) posters in the front row featuring Bo Dallas with a BOLIEVE caption. It’s possible they were planted like the “Cesaro Section” signs.
    The Wyatt Family were backstage for a promo. Bray Wyatt spoke about his involvement in the MITB match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. “The time for childish charades is over,” Wyatt said. “I will take…take…take what is mine. Run.”
    A graphic aired teasing an announcement for this Monday’s Raw regarding the participants in the second MITB match.
    John Cena, Sheamus, and Roman Reigns defeated Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Alberto Del Rio, and Cesaro (w/Paul Heyman) in a handicap match. There were MULTIPLE, LOUD “We Want Roman!” chants during the match. The crowd booed big-time when Sheamus made the hot tag to Cena instead. Hilarious.
    Mid-match, there was a stare-down between the two teams on the floor closest to the hard camera and a brawl broke out along the barricades. The heel team then took their turn working over Cena for the majority of the match. The crowd erupted for this. Cena finally made a hot tag to Reigns, and the place erupted again. Reigns pinned Del Rio following a spear. A really fun main event match. The victorious team shook hands to close the show.
    Credit: DJ Peckens of Prowrestling.net

http://www.prowrestling.com/spoilers-wwe-smackdown-results-for-friday-11/

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

The new Ambrose look is cool. Its like Bruce Springsteen meets Joe Strummer with a bit of whey protein thrown in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Saw Ambrose and Rollins new looks both described as Wolverine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwiSgaH3BWd5Vh3mqQSjlqFeKx9Aq6YUGz2U2ZlP40VY9pGGr2Yg

?format=750w

Kinda see it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really like the look of the gear for Rollins; close enough to his Shield gear to remind people of his character development, but different and flashy enough to establish it's a new character development.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bravo - Delta - Sierra - Mike is the first thing that comes to mind with Rollins' new gear. Mind you I'm sure his army of fans on Tumblr probably aren't too upset at that

The full stupid sexy Rollins:

PPMXcfO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jimmy Yang Ambrose

Jimmy-yang.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,552 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    The full stupid sexy Rollins:

PPMXcfO.jpg

We have a rear of the year winner

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

I like Rollins' new gear. Shoving him straight back into trunks would be so jarring (plus the skin tight leather is a good look for him).

He also took off the shirt before wrestling and it makes the look better IMO, I love the belt design.

tumblr_n7cc3dXoRA1scgtjso3_1280.jpg

He's got a freaking great body. Here he is looking like Jesus from a recent house show, he's got a more defined upper body than Reigns.

tumblr_n7a02jy3H21tz2nhxo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

All 3 were clearly spotting for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

P_1 wrote: »
    Bravo - Delta - Sierra - Mike is the first thing that comes to mind with Rollins' new gear. Mind you I'm sure his army of fans on Tumblr probably aren't too upset at that
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Jesus this gear looks like some funny story we hear from someone years after they become successful. 'You'll never guess what they pitched to me first'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Seth's outfit reminds me of Tekno Team 2000 (short lived WWF tag team in 1995) but in black.

And his new theme music sounds like Spark Plug Bob Holly.

He looks like Snake Plissken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

This business of having the loser deck the winner after the match is a bit tiresome.

Fighting crime:

BqnOTZxIgAAwKEp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I like it to be honest.

Something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I dunno I might be over thinking this but maybe they didnt want to give a newly turned heel some awesome attire that you all have been crying for. Its an evolution of his Shield gear, gone is the black stab vest and cargo pants and replaced with black pleather top and wrestling tights. It looks good and I like that it isnt a major change.

I actually don't mind it having watched Smackdown.

And no, i'm not gay :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I actually don't mind it having watched Smackdown.

And no, i'm not gay :pac:

Except for Rollins:P

Advertisement