Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about the Cooltek Antiphon Black case

Options
  • 18-06-2014 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Ok so I'm using a Cooltek Antiphon Black case for my rig and it's works fine, I'm happy with it. But just today I noticed a little button by the headphone and microphone jack slots. It has a headset symbol so I assume it's for the microphone in some way. But I have no idea what it's for. It's so small I never paid it much mind when I first got my case and I forgot it was even there. The reason I bothered to make a thread about this is because if I press it (which I did for the first time today and got a surprise), my PC instantly crashes and after about 20 seconds my PC automatically shuts down and reboots.

Does anyone know what the button is for and why this problem might occur. I run Win 8 and have 8GB RAM. My mobo is the Asrock Pro 3 and my CPU is the i3570K if you're curious

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I have a similar button on my case next to the headphone and mic jacks. It's a reset button.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

yep its a reset button. have it on my corsair 200r next to the power button. and its not a headphone symbol. its an arrow curling around to signify reset or restart

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭solidMGSsnake

So it's made to restart the computer abruptly? Why would you ever want to do that, it just causes your computer to crash, that can't be good for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

So it's made to restart the computer abruptly? Why would you ever want to do that, it just causes your computer to crash, that can't be good for it.

You really wouldn't want to use it at all unless the PC has frozen and become completely unresponsive for some reason.

Its not bad fpr the hardware itself, but a sudden reset could lead to operating system/files corruption if done at an inopportune moment

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭solidMGSsnake

Ok well thanks guys, I guess that's case closed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement