Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys who marry thai/filipino girls dropping dead

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I've often wondered about guys in their forties/fifties who marry thai and filipino women, who inexplicably drop dead of a heart attack usually after less three of years of marriage.

My conspiracy theory is, these poor fellas are very slowly poisoned by their wives with a powerful organic undetectable neurotoxin administered in microdose amounts over long periods of time. And after a suitable mourning period has elapsed, the happy widow usually sells up any property and moves back to her country of origin.

Yeah I know the most rational explanation is, these guys die from the strain of too much sex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Any evidence to speak of? Stats that indicate an increased rate of mortality for this group?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Juan More Time

Just empirical evidence to support my claims. I just knew some otherwise healthy guys who died inexplicably after they married thai/filipino ladies. Yes my theory may be half baked, but this is the conspiracy theory fourm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I know several friends who have married thai women and having a wonderful marriage, this stat would be very low i imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Perhaps you are thinking of the Pattaya Flying Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

Just empirical evidence to support my claims. I just knew some otherwise healthy guys who died inexplicably after they married thai/filipino ladies. Yes my theory may be half baked, but this is the conspiracy theory fourm.

Whether academic theory or conspiracy theory, it is useless without any form of evidence to support it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

good... guys who go to these countries to get women are rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Just empirical evidence to support my claims. I just knew some otherwise healthy guys who died inexplicably after they married thai/filipino ladies.

How many guys are we taking about here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Juan More Time

I would have been acquainted with two of them, and the others were friends of friends. Dunno was kind of expecting a better response tbh. ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

dharma200 wrote: »

I think you're being judgmental; a lot of them who go to these places to get wives are just lonely men who missed out on marriage for a variety of reasons and when it comes down to it their marriages aren't hugely different from any others. I know of one Irishman who actually looks like a troll who wouldn't have been given the time of day by any woman at home but has now been married for 10 years to a Thai woman with a gang of beautiful young kids. Would you deny them their happiness because you find it a bit icky?

That said, many of them are overweight/unhealthy in the first place which would go some way to explaining their lack of a native spouse. Those of them who go to live in these countries often turn to booze too to counteract boredom and depression when their lives turn out not like the permanent holiday they thought. I imagine factors like climate, pollution levels, hygiene, medical care etc also all play their part in the mortality rates.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

sabat wrote: »
    I think you're being judgmental;
    I don't.
    They are quite common in Sweden. They are not real marriages that are based on love and respect and mutual attaction but are as far as I am concerned a softer form of slavery. In exchange for sex on demand, having his meals cooked and his shirts ironed the farang master allows his younger Asian girl to co-habit with him in the first world.

Naturally, the above doesn't apply when an Asian and westerner marries for love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

There's a filipinocupid.com advert appearing in the bottom right of this page now. Someone should be pleased their targeted advertising algorithms are working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I've often wondered about guys in their forties/fifties who marry thai and filipino women, who inexplicably drop dead of a heart attack usually after less three of years of marriage.

My conspiracy theory is, these poor fellas are very slowly poisoned by their wives with a powerful organic undetectable neurotoxin administered in microdose amounts over long periods of time. And after a suitable mourning period has elapsed, the happy widow usually sells up any property and moves back to her country of origin.

Yeah I know the most rational explanation is, these guys die from the strain of too much sex.
    dharma200 wrote: »
    I think you're being judgmental; a lot of them who go to these places to get wives are just lonely men who missed out on marriage for a variety of reasons and when it comes down to it their marriages aren't hugely different from any others. I know of one Irishman who actually looks like a troll who wouldn't have been given the time of day by any woman at home but has now been married for 10 years to a Thai woman with a gang of beautiful young kids. Would you deny them their happiness because you find it a bit icky?

That said, many of them are overweight/unhealthy in the first place which would go some way to explaining their lack of a native spouse. Those of them who go to live in these countries often turn to booze too to counteract boredom and depression when their lives turn out not like the permanent holiday they thought. I imagine factors like climate, pollution levels, hygiene, medical care etc also all play their part in the mortality rates.

Aye your a good sympathetic person!You have just judged them all to be 'lonely', 'missing' out on marriage, 'depressed' etc etc..And then you call these guys and many many others 'judgemental'!! ahhhhh c'mon,, maybe as 'dharma' just stated 'RANK':cool: :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

It's from the increase and excessive riding that takes place once these women come into their lives. More riding = Increased heart rate + overweight/unhealthy men = heart attacks. Mystery solved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would have been acquainted with two of them, and the others were friends of friends. Dunno was kind of expecting a better response tbh. ;-)

Might sound strange, but were they perhaps all in the same club?

An Eastern Appreciation Society or something along those lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have mixed reports of it myself, I know of one chap who moved one in, they had an arrangement of she ran the house, cooked and cleaned etc and he paid the bills. Sex on demand was not part of the deal but you did always know when he had given her the good lovin the night before, his lunch was always extra spicy the next day!

Another guy who used to come in to the pub was career focused all his life and only starting contemplating a family seemingly when he was in his forties, he married a thai girl, who was a good bit younger then him, had a couple of kids and they seem to have a pretty normal relationship tbh

The other one I would have real knowledge of, they met on holiday, he brought her home, married 12 years, 4 kids but I know that since he is no longer possessing a libido large enough to satisfy her she has gone rogue on him and has been ****ing around with someone.

I like the Thai/Filipino look myself so have some personal experience with them also, they would make very attractive life partners by and large, but you better make sure you hold up your end and keep her happy or she will end up going rogue on ya!

I thought of this thread when reading about an "interesting character" who died a couple of weeks ago:
    Glendon Richard Bullard from Georgia, USA, also the former President of the ‘Outlaws Motorcycle Club’ is reported suffering from a coughing fit before dying in an ambulance before he could be admitted to a hospital.
    Two week ago he married his Thai girlfriend 'Anne' from a Bangkok family after she had given birth to a baby boy.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2015/03/boiler-room-boss-found-dead-in-pai.html

While I'm not suggesting there's anything untoward in this particular instance and I was initially skeptical of the op's theory, there does seem to be a very high incidence of unexplained or poorly investigated deaths of westerners in Thailand being passed off as suicides or accidents. Here are two very recent cases-the second one is interesting because of its possible links to the murder of two young Britons there-and a browse through the English language or expat press in Thailand reveals this kind of thing happening several times a week.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/swedish-backpacker-found-hanged-deserted-building-identified

http://www.samuitimes.com/french-man-found-hanged-koh-tao-hands-tied-behind-back-foul-play-suspected/

My theory: the attitude to westerners over there ranges from 'barely tolerated' to 'utterly despised' so no Thai is ever going to give evidence or be a witness when it's a case of a native vs a foreigner, particularly when there might be organised crime or well-connected people involved. In addition, police, coroners and other officials are easily bribed so it's quite easy to bump off a foreigner and get away with it for whatever reason, be it a recently married husband with a large bank balance or a business partner (all non-thais require a local co-owner to open a company) asking too many questions about money or ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I thought of this thread when reading about an "interesting character" who died a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2015/03/boiler-room-boss-found-dead-in-pai.html

While I'm not suggesting there's anything untoward in this particular instance and I was initially skeptical of the op's theory, there does seem to be a very high incidence of unexplained or poorly investigated deaths of westerners in Thailand being passed off as suicides or accidents. Here are two very recent cases-the second one is interesting because of its possible links to the murder of two young Britons there-and a browse through the English language or expat press in Thailand reveals this kind of thing happening several times a week.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/swedish-backpacker-found-hanged-deserted-building-identified

http://www.samuitimes.com/french-man-found-hanged-koh-tao-hands-tied-behind-back-foul-play-suspected/

My theory: the attitude to westerners over there ranges from 'barely tolerated' to 'utterly despised' so no Thai is ever going to give evidence or be a witness when it's a case of a native vs a foreigner, particularly when there might be organised crime or well-connected people involved. In addition, police, coroners and other officials are easily bribed so it's quite easy to bump off a foreigner and get away with it for whatever reason, be it a recently married husband with a large bank balance or a business partner (all non-thais require a local co-owner to open a company) asking too many questions about money or ownership.

This guy doesnt fit the theory at all. He had a life threatening health condition. I doubt his wife will see much of his money. Assuming he had any left. I didnt know him personally but i knew of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

Or maybe men in the forties and fifties who are overweight, not taking exercise, drinking heavily and smoking are prone to heart attacks, strokes and cancer?

Just putting it out there like.

This guy doesnt fit the theory at all. He had a life threatening health condition.

I was saying that reading about him jogged my memory of this thread not that I thought it was part of some conspiracy-if you read through my earlier posts here I was questioning the op's theory-I just thought it was an interesting story connected to the thread that people might like to read.

But after being back over there for a while recently and reading the local press and English language websites it did strike me that there was an almost dismissive attitude to the deaths of westerners-either "he was a sad old pervert" or if they're young "he was stupid backpacker off his head on drugs." When it comes to situations like transportation accidents involving Thais which would almost certainly attract manslaughter or culpable homicide charges in the west, it becomes a case of "this is Thailand, what do you expect?"

In terms of a conspiracy, I'm thinking mainly of the aforementioned so-called "Pattaya Flying Club" deaths and other "accidents" involving high-rise balconies-for such a brutal, terrifying and rare way to top yourself it does seem to happen very frequently, especially when access to things like firearms and prescription drugs is relatively easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

kryogen wrote: »
    I have mixed reports of it myself, I know of one chap who moved one in, they had an arrangement of she ran the house, cooked and cleaned etc and he paid the bills. Sex on demand was not part of the deal but you did always know when he had given her the good lovin the night before, his lunch was always extra spicy the next day!

Another guy who used to come in to the pub was career focused all his life and only starting contemplating a family seemingly when he was in his forties, he married a thai girl, who was a good bit younger then him, had a couple of kids and they seem to have a pretty normal relationship tbh

The other one I would have real knowledge of, they met on holiday, he brought her home, married 12 years, 4 kids but I know that since he is no longer possessing a libido large enough to satisfy her she has gone rogue on him and has been ****ing around with someone.

I like the Thai/Filipino look myself so have some personal experience with them also, they would make very attractive life partners by and large, but you better make sure you hold up your end and keep her happy or she will end up going rogue on ya!

That goes for all women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Living myself in Thailand with a Thai wife for 8 years now .I would say that its important to get a decent lady ,with morals and not go on looks alone .I dated several Thai women over several years before i met my now wife .She is a hard worker with her own business (hair Salon) .

• Registered Users Posts: 82,176 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats not what empirical means...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Overheal wrote: »
    Thats not what empirical means...

I kind of think he got his words mixed up and ment to to say "anecdotal" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Older guys get heart attacks from banging hot Thai/Filipino chicks

Advertisement