Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommendation for hedge trimmer. Anyone heard of fuxtec??

Options
  • 18-06-2014 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I have been using cheap LDL electric hedge trimmers for the last few years, usually get a year out of them but now I want to buy a petrol one. I know the best brands are stihl and the likes but I can't justify paying big money for something I need to use a couple of times a year. I spotted this http://alpinetrading.ie/html/hedge_trimmer.html
    I am wondering has anyone heard of this brand or anyone used same. Can I expect much for that price? Any help appreciated.

Comments

I have been using cheap LDL electric hedge trimmers for the last few years, usually get a year out of them but now I want to buy a petrol one. I know the best brands are stihl and the likes but I can't justify paying big money for something I need to use a couple of times a year. I spotted this http://alpinetrading.ie/html/hedge_trimmer.html
    I am wondering has anyone heard of this brand or anyone used same. Can I expect much for that price? Any help appreciated.

I'd find out are service parts readily available not that it would need it too often if you only use it three times a year. maybe ring the company that are selling it. I have a €150 hedge cutter. Proplus is the make. Its fine and I got it in a dealer so they have service parts.

If you can at all buy a big brand. I saw the light. something that is lighter, less flimsy and preforms better and you will probably have for 15 years easily without any trouble if you are only using it a few times a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

That's a very obvious Tanaka knock-off from China. the orignal machine was very good but I can say nothing about that one as I haven't seen them up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

i would keep clear of anything 25;1 mix,cheap chinese rubbish.buy the cheapest one off e bay it will be the same as this with a diff badge for 100e inc pp..

vinnie13 wrote: »
    i would keep clear of anything 25;1 mix,cheap chinese rubbish.buy the cheapest one off e bay it will be the same as this with a diff badge for 100e inc pp..

Now that you mention it I bought a Chinese 4 in 1 hedge cutter and trimmer once. the hedge cutting blade wobbled a lot and the pruner saw was useless. sent it back after trying to use it the first time.

OP you will get a hedge cutter in that price range off a dealer. At least there you will be able to examine it.

Advertisement