Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these bent pins?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I have just gotten an Asrock Z87 Extreme4 to use as part of a new PC build. On removal of the plastic case for the processor, some of the pins look a bit odd.
    Here's a shot from above:

4QiKZF.jpg

And one from the side:
    5GaG9T.jpg

Are these bent pins? I took a shot of another CPU socket and it looks as expected, that all the pins are pointing the same way:
    5gXfUP.jpg

If someone more knowledgeable could confirm my suspicions then that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

They are bent pins send it straight back asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Redfox25

If your emailing them attach those photos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks for the confirmation folks. The board has only just been opened so I have all of the packaging thankfully. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what to do next. It came from Hardware Versand so it looks as if there is a 28 day return guarantee.

This thread suggests logging into my account on Hardware Versand, logging a complaint, printing off generated UPS label, arranging collection with UPS. Any idea if I'm missing anything? I haven't had to do this before so I don't want to cause any more hassle for myself by missing something.

Malice wrote: »
    Thanks for the confirmation folks. The board has only just been opened so I have all of the packaging thankfully. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what to do next. It came from Hardware Versand so it looks as if there is a 28 day return guarantee.

This thread suggests logging into my account on Hardware Versand, logging a complaint, printing off generated UPS label, arranging collection with UPS. Any idea if I'm missing anything? I haven't had to do this before so I don't want to cause any more hassle for myself by missing something.

Do that and your good to go.
    Then sit back and wait, you most likely will NOT hear from them at all and they will send you a new item.
    Be sure to include the photos if you can when your on the website and explain clearly that you had only opned the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just a quick update. A replacement motherboard arrived on Friday and I've just installed it today. Happily everything seems to be working fine. Redfox25 was correct, I didn't hear anything from Hardware Versand until the package arrived.

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    Just a quick update. A replacement motherboard arrived on Friday and I've just installed it today. Happily everything seems to be working fine. Redfox25 was correct, I didn't hear anything from Hardware Versand until the package arrived.

happy days.

Advertisement