Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Ancestry?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I can't log in to Ancestry.co.uk last night or today, anyone else having problems? My sub is almost up, would they inform me before kicking me off?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can still log in with an expired sub - your tree is editable and the free record sets still available to you.

As it happens its not loading at all for me here right now (on UPC).

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Elizabetha

Its not loading for me either and I get it free so its not your sub

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

https://www.facebook.com/Ancestry.com?fref=ts

AN UPDATE FROM OUR CTO, SCOTT SORENSEN
    Around 1:30 p.m. MT on Monday, June 16, 2014, attackers targeted Ancestry with a Distributed Denial of Service attack (DDoS). During the attack, Ancestry websites along with the Find A Grave website were clogged with massive amounts of bogus traffic that took the sites down.

UPDATE (12:30am PST): We were able to bring the site(s) back online, but have experienced another outage. Please bear with us as we work to restore all services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Its a relief that I'm not the only one having problems, but awful news about the attack on the site. Hope they can get it sorted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Any updates on this?
    I can't log in at the moment.:(

EDIT: Just checked Facebook - the issue is ongoing!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Yay! I just got logged in ok now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Kurgan

I see they are going to possible extend the retirement of some of their
    products..
    We appreciate your patience while we work to restore the MyFamily, MyCanvas, Mundia, Y-DNA and mtDNA sites following the DDoS attack on Monday. Please note we will be extending the retirement date on each and will have more details to share once these websites are brought back online. Stay tuned.

I'm hoping they give an extra month or two for mycanvas as am rushing to finish a photo album :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm hoping for a few days added to my general ancestry sub - it's not working properly again atm.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Anyone able to view their Member Profile?
    It just times out for me.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Kurgan

The site still a bit flaky i'd say ..
    Having same problem accessing profile and slowness in general

• Advertisement
Advertisement