Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL-40W4000 Service Menu Problem

Options
  • 17-06-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hello, hoping for a person who knows about TV repair software wise.

I was messing around in the service menu of my KDL-40W4000 and went into 'Bravia' settings and the TV switched off and back on again with a test screen that rotates a Green, Red, Blue, Test Card without the option to get to any menus or anything like that.

I did a bit of research online and found how to update it's firmware > Which is a faffy affair to say the least. Find a Sony Memory Stick Duo. Format it in a Cybershot camera (Not Windows this won't work). Attach camera to PC and transfer the Firmware file. Plug Duo into TV.

Will this work for my particular problem? Will updating the firmware undo this Bravia Menu option which has rendered my TV bricked right now.

Is there any way I can format this Sony Memory Stick Duo from Windows or Mac in a format the TV will recognise?

Please help.

Thanks!!

Comments

Advertisement