Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured Bird In Garden

Options
  • 17-06-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have just noticed there is an injured swallow in the back garden. I went out to get a closer look and it appears one of its wings is broken. He is moving around the garden fairly fast but cant take flight.
    Is there anything I can do for the little fella?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Without sounding cruel, there is little you can do and, many would say you should just let nature take it's course. I'd place it on a roof out of the way of cats but nothing more really.
    It can be hard to watch but such is nature.
    It may well be just a strain and it could recover on it's own with some rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The poor chap didnt make it. I rang a wildlife sanctuary in Gorey and they said it more than likely died from stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

I immediately though of a grounded swift

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Without sounding cruel, there is little you can do and, many would say you should just let nature take it's course. I'd place it on a roof out of the way of cats but nothing more really.
    It can be hard to watch but such is nature.
    It may well be just a strain and it could recover on it's own with some rest.

While I normally agree with you id disagree on leaving it on a roof. With the weather being as got as it is the bird would be baked or dehydrated quickly.

Advertisement