Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting A Team Together

Options
  • 17-06-2014 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi everybody...

The last thread was locked so lets try and make use of this one....Does anybody in Dublin want to put a team together!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

That is a great idea …. I will help in any way I can,

I can let you have the use of a quiet Dublin city centre office (up to say 12 people) to hold an initial meeting as to what exactly everyone wants from a new group etc etc.

The reason for this is a pub or coffee shop for the meeting is too 'open' and might deter people from speaking up. Also these venues may have too many distractions! However, just as a place to meet until everyone arrives, a public place near the office may be considered??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sounds good JGB, count me in, just provide a data and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

That is a great idea …. I will help in any way I can,

I can let you have the use of a quiet Dublin city centre office (up to say 12 people) to hold an initial meeting as to what exactly everyone wants from a new group etc etc.

The reason for this is a pub or coffee shop for the meeting is too 'open' and might deter people from speaking up. Also these venues may have too many distractions! However, just as a place to meet until everyone arrives, a public place near the office may be considered??

Sounds like a plan.. I'm in anyway and the city centre is fine with me

That is a good response, thanks. I think there were some other people on the 'old' thread interested too. I'll try and set a date and time tomorrow or Friday and see who can make it. All the best …. JBG

• Advertisement

That is a good response, thanks. I think there were some other people on the 'old' thread interested too. I'll try and set a date and time tomorrow or Friday and see who can make it. All the best …. JBG

Im at the Irish Open this weekend so tomorrow would be perfect. Friday I cant make it I'm afraid.

Will set out details of time and date etc via PM.

….. JBG

so how many have we got so far?

Yeah, 7 confirmed for meeting and a maybe. JBG

excellent, finally a thread like this has taken off, thanks for the use of the office

• Advertisement

No bother. Cheers. All journeys start with one step.... ! (or what ever the saying says! JBG

This Fridays (4 July 2014) Meet-up to discuss 'New Team' set up going ahead as planned.

I have PM'd anyone who has expressed their intention to go (just to remind!) .

More Welcome

Good luck, see you all there …

JBG

Fair play to 5 (including myself!) who made it to meet up today. All on time and looking forward to next one and seeing the rest of the gang who couldnt make it tonight. JBG

• Registered Users Posts: 9 white_raven

It was great to meet Like minded ppl last night, already looking forward to the next meeting

Thank you for getting the ball rolling JBG

Thanks JBG for organising that last night, it was good to meet up and chat.

Cheers to you both. Hopefully we can keep the interest going. A good start it was. Good to put faces to the names ! JBG

My sincere apologies I didn't go, I had to go to cork ASAP and forgot to say I couldn't make it.

How did it go?

No bother. Something was likely to come up for one of us at the last moment. It was a good chance for people to chat about what they want from a new team (somebody stop me if I over or under state how it went!) e.g matching caps and T Shirts versus a paranormal group meeting up regularly to discuss paranormal etc and arranging investigations at different parts of Ireland. We agreed to meet up in two or four weeks again. Hopefully more will turn up for second meeting. We also chatted about are own experiences and how many or how little investigations we've been on. I was and am the "Newbie" but that didn't matter with the 4 others who were there. I guess before a new team starts it is good to see how all get on first before jumping too quickly into a new team. .JBG

Will we go for it again for Fri 18 Jul?

The last one was for 8 pm and lasted 1 hour or so.

Calling experienced and newbies. Hopefully we can firm up on possible locations for investigations.

JBG

Will we go for it again for Fri 18 Jul?

The last one was for 8 pm and lasted 1 hour or so.

Calling experienced and newbies. Hopefully we can firm up on possible locations for investigations.

JBG

i'll be out of the country then :), i dont think fate wants me here!!

• Advertisement

are you wanting to meet in the same location as last time?

are you wanting to meet in the same location as last time?

Yes, same time and place.
    Cheers. JBG

yeah that fine count me in

mrmorgan wrote: »
    i'll be out of the country then :), i dont think fate wants me here!!

Not at all! Should be one after that. As you know, in July a lot of people are away so I reckon once the holiday season is over it will be easier for people to drop by! Lady Fate will have to give in sooner or later!

Not at all! Should be one after that. As you know, in July a lot of people are away so I reckon once the holiday season is over it will be easier for people to drop by! Lady Fate will have to give in sooner or later!

Hopefully, so any suggestions for investigations?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Hopefully, so any suggestions for investigations?

Hopefully this Friday we can firm up on something. The more people who turn up the more possibilities/connections arise I believe. Some interesting suggestions (Dublin) that havent been done that much. One that wasn't mentioned is St Michins (spelt incorrectly no doubt!) which should be good for recordings. JBG

not heard of that place but looks good

have any more ppl got in touch with you J.B.G

Yes some more at meeting after todays it looks like

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone who turned up for today's meet up. The next one is set for Thursday 31 July in Dublin. Please pm for time and location. Hopefully we will have news of our first open investigation by then. Skeptics, 'believers' , newbies and experienced welcome as usual. JBG

Advertisement