Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tablet for productivity/work/"bizness"?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

I've been asked for a recommendation on a tablet for someone who works in advertising, and who wants something handier than his laptop for showing off his work to prospective employers and clients. While he's a copy-writer, he still deals a lot with graphics and what have you.

He has about €500 to spend, maybe a little more if it can be justified on bang-for-buck grounds.

My first thought is the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" (2014), it's going for about €465 on expansys. Seems like a really nice piece of kit with features he might make use of, and the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" doesn't seem to offer anything extra apart from a bigger screen, with the trade-off of being more cumbersome and harder to use one-handed, for the extra cash.

The main droid alternative seems to be the Sony Experia Z2 Tablet, but it's probably not as work oriented, and doesn't have the stylus, which I think this guy might actually have some use for.

After that, for the money he has to spend, there's the Surface Pro 2, but I'm not sure he's too pushed about a hybrid, he has a fairly good laptop anyway, and it's an alternative to a a laptop that he's looking for, not a replacement.

Couldn't in all conscience recommend certain fruit-flavoured tat!

Anyone have any suggestions on alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

If he's going to be using it for business the first thing he needs to do it find out if there are any apps that do exactly what he needs to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

I use the Note 2014 / Pro 10" for personal/ work production.

After 6 months have had no issues ( other than Google Music crash)

>Sol

Advertisement