Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Pressure Booster not working

Options
  • 16-06-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi all,

in my apartment i have a monsoon n2.0 bar twin water pressure booster that over the last 4 weeks has given me some problems and is now not working.
    I only turned it on when i take a shower (as it is very noisy) and the motor would almost immediately engage with the pressure going up. Then the time between switching and the motor starting went from seconds to minutes to never.
    The next door had the same problem and the plumber had him blow compressed air into the pump and happy days.
    i tried the same but no joy.
    The connection to the mains should not be the problem as the switch has a led and it goes on normally.
    Are there any other things i should try before i call a plumber?
    many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

When you turn on the switch does the pump make a low humming sound or no sound at all.
    Or does it start to make noise and slowly build up to normal speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishgatsu

K.Flyer wrote: »
    When you turn on the switch does the pump make a low humming sound or no sound at all.
    Or does it start to make noise and slowly build up to normal speed.

No sound whatsoever.

There are a couple of issues that it could be but without acually seeing it its hard to determine the problem.
    You said it was very noisy, was that in a loud hair dryer / vacuum cleaner way or a metallic grinding way.
    If you leave on the electric supply to the pump after a few minutes does the body of the motor start to get hot, even though the pump is not operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishgatsu

K.Flyer wrote: »
    There are a couple of issues that it could be but without acually seeing it its hard to determine the problem.
    You said it was very noisy, was that in a loud hair dryer / vacuum cleaner way or a metallic grinding way.
    If you leave on the electric supply to the pump after a few minutes does the body of the motor start to get hot, even though the pump is not operating.

The pump was always noisy (probably sounded more like a vacuum), same as the next door's so I reckon it's just the model. I left the switch on for 30' but the body of the motor is dead cold.

Most likely the printed circuit board needs replacing, best to change the capacitor as well if it is.

• Advertisement

Most likely the printed circuit board needs replacing, best to change the capacitor as well if it is.

Advertisement