Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printing software

Options
  • 16-06-2014 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone,
    I need to find a software that allows me to create high quality prints
    I am an artist and want to sell prints of my work. My father is an amateur photographer however he has a top grade epson printer for A3+. I'm going to use epson velvet art print paper. The main problem I have is printing the image exactly center of the paper. As I'm sure photographers know, I need an equal boarder around the image (to sign and number the print). I have no idea how to do this and cant find any help on the internet. Do I need to download a software to do this and if so can anybody recommend a good inexpensive one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

What software are you using to edit the images now? You just have to choose the correct setting in the printer dialog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jayire82

My father has epson, dark room and also uses windows. I have a very basic photo filtre 7. If its just a matter of setting it in the printer options, that would be a massive problem solved.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

It's very simple and you can do it from the Epson printer software that comes with the printer. It's not ideal but can be done very easily.

First up you need to size your print to whatever output size you want, say 12 x 18" for exapmple. Make sure the dpi is set to 300 and this is all done in your editing software. Next go - File - Print and that will send it to the Epson, opening up the Epson print dialogue. Choose your paper size - A3+ and make sure the "Centre Image" box is ticked - assuming you want the print centred. If not you can adjust the borders at this stage. You also need to make sure you have the paper profile loaded and that the printer is NOT managing the print - your editing software is. Click ok and there you have it.

Advertisement