Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon Destination for September

Options
  • 16-06-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

Anyone any suggestions for a September destination for a honeymoon?

We'd like a mixture of beach/sun with an activity/adventure.

I don't think we'd be interested in the USA and looking at places outside Europe but finding it difficult to decide as it seems to be rainy/hurricane season in for example Caribbean/Thailand

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

We went to the southern carribean last September on honeymoon and found it great. Apparently the southern islands aren't affected by hurricane season nearly as much as the east or west. We went to Puerto Rico for 4 nights and then a week long cruise. I'd highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭techdiver

+1 on the cruise.

We went on the Royal Caribbean "Oasis of the Seas", which is the largest cruise ship in the world and it was amazing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We went to a quieter part of Mexico outside Cancun, and then on to NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

We went to SE Asia, in spite of the rainy season. Turned out beautiful. Some flooding in bangkok for 1 day and then it rained another day. Had just missed rains in Sapa, and did cruise in Halong just before the storm. Rained 1 day in Siem Reap, but Angkor Wat looked amazing in the rain.
    Maybe we just got lucky, but there wasn't that much rain and it wasn't that unmanageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Most of the monsoonal areas tend to get an hour or two of rain a day and are fine the rest of the time. We went to Thailand (Koh Samui) in September and it was great. Beautiful weather every day until around 4pm when it suddenly got very windy and overcast. You had ten minutes to get inside before the downpour! Then by 5:30 the rain was over and it was sunny again every evening. We had one day of heavy continuous rain but it was actually quite fun - we spent the day bar hopping. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

tbeans wrote: »
    Hello,

Anyone any suggestions for a September destination for a honeymoon?

We'd like a mixture of beach/sun with an activity/adventure.

I don't think we'd be interested in the USA and looking at places outside Europe but finding it difficult to decide as it seems to be rainy/hurricane season in for example Caribbean/Thailand

Thanks

The southern part of caribbean is fine eg. columbia or venezuela. or fly into cancun go to caye caulker or another island and tikal for adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

nibtrix wrote: »
    Most of the monsoonal areas tend to get an hour or two of rain a day and are fine the rest of the time. We went to Thailand (Koh Samui) in September and it was great. Beautiful weather every day until around 4pm when it suddenly got very windy and overcast. You had ten minutes to get inside before the downpour! Then by 5:30 the rain was over and it was sunny again every evening. We had one day of heavy continuous rain but it was actually quite fun - we spent the day bar hopping. :-)

+1 on Thailand. Been twice in September and the weather was great. Bit of rain here and there however it's usually welcome given the heat.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ruthloss I've deleted your ridiculously insensitive and inappropriate posts. That sort of trolling is not welcome on any part of the site, especially this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

We're heading to Borneo in September on honeymoon. 4 days of relaxation, 10 days of adventure (mountain climbing, orang-utans, turtles, rainforests, rivers...) followed by another few days of relaxation! Always wanted to go and this is the perfect opportunity. September seems like the ideal time to go there too!

Depending on your interests and financial situation, but I don't see the point on going somewhere on honeymoon that you could go any time in your life (i.e. when you have kids) - it's the time for one last blow out before you need to start thinking of kids clubs and babysitters and worrying about everything from mosquitos to muggings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Africa!

South africa is great in september.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tbeans

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've been to both Thailand/SE Asia and S. Africa but Borneo and Columbia are two very good suggestions so a good place to start researching as I'd be more than happy to visit either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gillylilly

We're going mid september as well, going to go to venice and a couple of days in Croatia, ferry pops right over in a couple of hours, can sunbathe there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

gillylilly wrote: »
    We're going mid september as well, going to go to venice and a couple of days in Croatia, ferry pops right over in a couple of hours, can sunbathe there!

I highly recommend Rovinj, the ferry from Venice stops there and it's a great town, lovely old winding streets with little bars and restaurants hidden around.

If you haven't booked accommodation in Croatia check this out, a small very private apartment with your own small swimming pool, a few minutes by bus or taxi from Rovinj. I stayed there a year ago and it was fantastic - http://mobile.ownersdirect.co.uk/property.aspx?token=aWQ9MTEwMTY4&h=zVqreaVTUVD1R%2BnoewvtaA%3D%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gillylilly

Thanks a million for that, it looks amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DougieCC

My hubbie and I went to Bali for 2 & half weeks, it was unbelievable. We wanted to have a relaxing time yet aren't good at lying on a beach for 2 weeks. It had a great mixture of adventure and relaxation, beautiful people and very cheap food etc. we stopped off in Singapore for two nights on the way home too which was lovely.

We booked it through Trail Finders, I couldn't recommend them highly enough! Even pop into them to suss out a few ideas, they are very good at making tailor made holidays for exactly what you are after. Our Honeymoon was also in September so we had that issue with hurricane season etc, the weather in Bali was bliss :)

Happy honeymoon shopping!

Advertisement