Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efest 18350 vented today

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

What resistance were you running at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

What resistance were you running at?

Hiya,I was using a dual coil at 1.3ohms,normally I build sub ohms,I wanted to check these mods out on a 18350.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

May or may not be v relevant but of all the clearos I got from FT hardly none will fire on my Vamo, nor on my new Vision 2 VV Mega batteries either. They work fine on my battered old Egos though, oddly.

I know why and it's cos the bases of the clearos are like a silver spray-over - as in like silver plated or something. Not conductive to the battery's centre pin, not compatible.

Could be the case with you OP except the other way round - your FT mod which is 'plated' reacted with the battery, possibly.

Also: I have a 'Bullet' clone from FT and it got really hot with one of the clearos, dangerously hot, only after a few mins in. Yet when I tried a different clearo it never happened again. Again, I'm sure the clearo was at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BretCartiers

Hello youdipstick were you able to find out the fault? I think there is an issue with V3 head but not completely sure..

The only answer I can come up with is human error,in other words (my mistake) :D:D
    I had another RDA at 0.23ohms waiting to replace the old cotton wicks lying on the table at the same time I was checking out these 2 mods,maybe I put the wrong RDA on the mod,I just don't know,maybe I should try that sub ohm RDA on it again to see if it will blow the battery again :D:D:D
    The 2 mods are still working great,I must of taken my eye off the ball,I wish I had space for a vaping shed & I would be able to leave all my rebuildable stuff out all the time.The main thing is that vaping has saved my life,I've been off the fags for over 3 years now & the vaping has become a big hobby now.
    Enjoy your vaping everyone & thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Came across this on the FT forum so check the head you used in case this was the problem.

Please be aware, floating centre pin "shorting" fix
    When I received mine, the plastic assembly that contains the centre pin would not stay in place without a battery in the unit. "This is not part of the design, it should not fall out when an atomizer is screwed on."
    Anyway, I wanted to adjust the airflow so I unscrewed the top of the unit and screwed the atomizer down further, this put the center pin in a "/" position which in turn caused it to ground against the outer "negative" side of the 510 connection. It's a simple fix just dab some super glue to the plastic piece and insert back into place. Let the trolling begin, I just hope this keeps someone from potentially getting themselves hurt.

I checked both heads & the 510 pin is well secured.

Seems like it was the .23 coil so.

18 amps on an 18350,you were lucky it wasn't worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Eh, your all using these 'bad boys'..... I hope

zwjdbm.jpg

No good if you're going below .6 ohm, once you have good batteries and know your resistance you shouldn't need them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement