Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia lumia 800 screen wont work

Options
  • 16-06-2014 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello all,

I have a Nokia lumia 800 that when the phone is locked it wont swipe or answer calls. If i restarted phone it will allow me to use phone but as soon as i lock the screen it wont work.

Could the screen be damaged? Is there a virus on the phone? Could this affect my Nokia lumia 520 with my 800 sim card?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The sim card shouldn't have anything to do with it.

When you are using the phone before locking it, does everything work as normal? Can you make and receive calls? Touchscreen works as it should?

If so it would seem like a software issue that you could try reinstalling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 michaelhek9

When phone is not locked i can use phone,but i cant take a phone call or if i make one i cant end it or do anything. The phone used to exit from the internet on its own which is weird. Could a virus be causing a problem on it?

Davy wrote: »
    The sim card shouldn't have anything to do with it.

When you are using the phone before locking it, does everything work as normal? Can you make and receive calls? Touchscreen works as it should?

If so it would seem like a software issue that you could try reinstalling it.

i have the phone 1 1/2 now,its fell a few times but seemed to work ok after. I removed the screen and put it back in and it works for a while but goes back to same thing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When phone is not locked i can use phone,but i cant take a phone call or if i make one i cant end it or do anything. The phone used to exit from the internet on its own which is weird. Could a virus be causing a problem on it?

Probably proximity sensor damaged, or covered by a screen protector or dust when you reinstalled the screen. Its the small ribbon on the inside at the top of the screen.

Dial ##634# before you remove it to do a diagnostic test

Davy wrote: »
    Probably proximity sensor damaged, or covered by a screen protector or dust when you reinstalled the screen. Its the small ribbon on the inside at the top of the screen.

Dial ##634# before you remove it to do a diagnostic test

done the diagnostics,proximity test wouldn't work so id say screen is damage some how. Its just a unusual one when screen works without lock,

quick question,can viruses and malware attack windows phone?

• Advertisement

done the diagnostics,proximity test wouldn't work so id say screen is damage some how. Its just a unusual one when screen works without lock,

quick question,can viruses and malware attack windows phone?

The proximity sensor is independent to the screen. If it is damaged, or covered it thinks you have it to your ear and shuts off the touchscreen, so if you clean it as I said before or replace it, your issue should be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Sounds like a standard enough proximity sensor fault. If your Lumia 800 is under 2 years old, it will be covered by the Nokia warranty. Drop it into a Nokia Care Point, they'll sort it for you :)

Advertisement