Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private and C-Section

Options
  • 15-06-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all
    I'm new to this and don't know if this is the right forum, but i'll put this out there anyway...
    I had a baby last year, there were complications during the delivery due to the incompetent staff dealing with us. Anyway I was a public patient and swore I would never again leave it to chance on who delivered my baby ever again. So I'm thinking again of baby no 2 and want to go privately to the Coombe hospital as that is where we were transferred and received amazing care. I have just renewed my hea;th insurance policy and asked lots of questions but its all very confusing.
    I would be having a c section on the advice of Dr's after my last delivery. Now thats not covered under maternity with Laya its covered under a surgical procedure and i'm really dubious over what they will actually cover when it comes down to it. I know all policies are different but its hard to figure it all out!
    Has anyone been in a similar situation? How much did your insurance cover and what costs do they not cover.
    Thanks so much....sorry this is so long!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I have had two sections. The second one wasn't strictly for medical reasons as for my own reasons I told my consultant at the end of the road I wanted a c section. Insurance covered both. A consultant will sign on the form it's for medical purposes in my experience, especially if you've had a previous bad birth.
    I also had a brilliant recovery second time. I discharged myself early which helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That's good to know! Thanks for your reply!

Advertisement