Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drowes Salmon river

Options
  • 15-06-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm Heading up to Bundoron for few days, and i might be able to go fishing for some salmon in the Drowes salmon river, I was looking at the Fishing in ireland website it's seem to be a very good salmon river, has anyone fished it recently or has in the past? It's supposed to be very hot (23-25 degrees) has anyone have any tips for fishing in such hot weather? Any other tips/tactics would be appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

I have no tips as i have never fished it but please let us know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Not too accomplished a salmon angler myself but I'd say in this weather very early in the morning or late into the evening is best. I'd make a trip to a local tackle store to ask what salmon flies are best and I'd buy them as small a size as available. Fish streamy more oxygenated water when possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

thanks seafields, will do dan

Advertisement