Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get 3G on Moto G

Options
  • 15-06-2014 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I have a Motorola Moto G phone and I'm using it at home in the north with a Vodafone UK number and sim. However when I change the settings to 3G, nothing seems to happen and the phone signal seems to stay on 2G. I've tried this in two different locations about 30 miles apart and don't think its a weak signal or anything.

Is there something unique I have to do in order to get 3G to work?

Its running Android 4.4.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Try and forse 3G only by going *#*#INFO#*#* then choosing the radio mode WCDMA only. But I bet it's a signal issue, where are you trying? 30 miles apart won't make a difference in the countryside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Well home is in the countryside but the other location was a bigger town nearer to Belfast so I imagine signal wouldn't be an issue there but I guess you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have you tried a different SIM ?

Advertisement