Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round paper lanterns

Options
  • 15-06-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

would anyone know where I could find round paper lanterns. The only places I see are on ebay but coming from china there would not be enough time. Is there anywhere that I could buy in ireland or that would post quick enough?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

As in the ones for letting go in the sky? Have you spoken to your venue about them if so? Ours offered to buy some in but did tell us they'd have to get permission from Dublin Airport before letting them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hi OP. have you had a look in Ikea??

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/categories/departments/decoration/25227/

I know they have lots of paper stuff there and relatively cheap.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

No not the ones that float in the sky. It would be the ones for hanging in the garden like these

http://www.paperlanternstore.com/round-paper-lanterns.html

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ikea would be your best bet so.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Have you tried woodies party shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Was just going to say woodies, ikea or homestore and more

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I went into woodies an they said they didnt do them anymore?? even though I saw them on the website. Ikea had a different type of paper lantern and was fairly dear at about 5.50 each for the smaller ones and I didnt see any in homestore. Ill keep searching maybe dealz or euro store.

Just from searching this crowd seem to do them http://www.thebigparty.ie/product/product_list.php

Failing that you could try little star parties they are lovely they only have one type on the website but they many be able to help you out

If by any chance you know someone heading to Holland the place has loadsa them... If these didn't work also Ikea do have the lampshades which you could do the same thing with youll just have to do a bit of diy

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Tiger stores stock them from time to time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I saw them in one of the Cork woodies only last week...
    How many are you looking for? I've a handful left over from a party.

• Advertisement

Hi Pwurple,

Thank you for the offer but I finally found a shop today that does the 16 inch ones and at a reasonable price thankfully. Im looking for about 30 so they are gonna get back to me to to let me know if they have that amount of the colours I need ( 15 x pink and 15 x orange). Hopefully they do. Ill post back the name of the place when I get them incase anyone else may be looking for them in the future.

sorted

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Incase anyone needs them the shop I got them in was Pagoda in the ilac centre. They were selling the large 16 inch ones for 3 euro.

Thanks again for the assistance.

called into the 2 euro store as well in douglas cork they had some of these

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sam Rock

Got some in Ikea.
    Started building up stock for ours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gillylilly

They also have them in Carrig Donn and in Dunnes, Carolyn Donnelly section

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Saw them for €2 each in Tiger yesterday. Also saw some in Homestore and more but they were more expensive (I think €5 each).

Advertisement