Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicals in the Lighthouse Cinema this summer

Options
  • 15-06-2014 11:52am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see the Lighthouse Cinema in Smithfield, Dublin are advertising "A Summer of Musicals." :)

They will be showing classic films like Singing in the Rain, Cabaret, The Sound of Music, South Pacific, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Oliver, Grease, Annie amongst others from late June until late August.

I might be going to a couple of these and see a few of my favourites on the big screen. The Sound of Music is definitely on my list!!

The link is here
    http://www.lighthousecinema.ie/newsarticle.php?sec=NEWS&_aid=3581
    if any of you other musical fans are interested. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Can I just take this opportunity to say that I love the Lighthouse cinema. I've only had great experiences there and on top of that they run programs like the above. Definitely head along to one if you're considering it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love The Lighthouse too! I'm subscribed to their newsletter, hence finding out about their musicals season! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Excellent, thanks Posy :D

I've never been to the lighthouse cinema, but keep meaning to give it a go.

Does anyone know if you need to book ahead though or can you just show up on the day?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The last time I went to The Lighthouse I booked the tickets because it looked like it was going to sell out. You can just show up on the day- if it's something that looks popular I'd book ahead, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

woodchuck wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need to book ahead though or can you just show up on the day?

They are prone to selling out screenings at peak times, often 15-20 minutes before it starts as well. It's not a necessity to book though if you think it'll be less popular.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Advertisement