Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castelli SanRemo one-piece

Options
  • 15-06-2014 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of these and care to provide a bit of a review, and guidance on sizing? I'm on a bit of a Castelli vibe at the moment and was going to buy a two piece jersey & bibs then I saw the San Remo suit. I'm not into racing, but this looks a nice combo and the first version is currently reduced to to less thaan €160 at Evans. Buying a Castelli 2 piece is likely to run a lot closer to 200 :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I eye balled that myself last week. It's a cyclocross suit isn't it?

Edit: No it's a road speed suit. Looks like very good value.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I have no experience of it but given that it emphasises aerodynamics over most other things I wonder whether it might not be very durable (thinner/finer materials, etc.), particularly the upper half.

If I'm reading it correctly the lower half is the same as their Body Paint shorts so reviews of the shorts should apply to the SanRemo too I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

This is cheap.........but only if you have a Felt, maybe!
    http://www.castellicafe.co.uk/felt-colbornes-2013-team-sanremo-speedsuit?var=3972

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Anyone got one of these and care to provide a bit of a review, and guidance on sizing? I'm on a bit of a Castelli vibe at the moment and was going to buy a two piece jersey & bibs then I saw the San Remo suit. I'm not into racing, but this looks a nice combo and the first version is currently reduced to to less thaan €160 at Evans. Buying a Castelli 2 piece is likely to run a lot closer to 200 :eek:

Do you have a link?
    There are 2 types. The original was close to their free air kit which is race orientated. This year they have 2 versions. speedsuit 3.0 based of there free aero line and a Velocissimo version based of their "mid level" range. Probably not as form fitting.

richieg wrote: »
    Do you have a link?
    There are 2 types. The original was close to their free air kit which is race orientated. This year they have 2 versions. speedsuit 3.0 based of there free aero line and a Velocissimo version based of their "mid level" range. Probably not as form fitting.

The Velocissimo seems to be the '1.0' version, from 2012 maybe......
    Anyway, here is the link http://www.evanscycles.com/products/castelli/velocissimo-sanremo-suit-ec060331
    Castelli promotion at Evans at the moment reduces it by 20% to below €160

The Samremo 2.0 Speed Suit was a 2013 version as far as I can see, and has already been replaced by the 3.0 - CRC have some sizes in the 2.0 at around €180 (10% discount is easy enough to get from CRC). http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/castelli-sanremo-2-0-speed-suit/rp-prod94224

• Advertisement

I have nanoflex bib tights which use the same pad as the Velocissimo and I find them great so I would expect this to be of similar good quality

What did you end up getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

I have the 2.0 speed suit. Bought it last year. Most comfortable piece if kit I've worn and raced in it round mondello. You can actually feel less drag than using shorts and jersey. I would say though I'm 6ft 2 and 76kg so I would buy it if you're carrying extra weight as it's quite tight and probably won't fit.

Craig06 wrote: »
    I have the 2.0 speed suit. Bought it last year. Most comfortable piece if kit I've worn and raced in it round mondello. You can actually feel less drag than using shorts and jersey. I would say though I'm 6ft 2 and 76kg so I would buy it if you're carrying extra weight as it's quite tight and probably won't fit.

L or XL ?
    I'm similar height, but a few KGs heavier...

I have until Monday to go with the Evans offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

I wear the large suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I got the Speedsuit from Evans back a few weeks ago and love it. Really comfy, but definitely hot weather gear. Good bargains to to had now: Ribble have the one I got - but even cheaper again. http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/castelli-castelli-skinsuits-and-one-piece-suits-castelli-velocissimo-sanremo-speed-suit/castzone210

while CRC have the later on for just over €160 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/castelli-sanremo-2-0-speed-suit/rp-prod94224

Good prices......

Advertisement