Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunny Beach - Safety, Things To Look Out For & General Info Needed!

Options
  • 15-06-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey there,

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Sunny Beach this July as we've seen some good deals online. I've done some research and am now wondering whether Sunny Beach is as great as it seems or would we be better booking somewhere like Crete or something.

The thing is that we are both 22, we'll be traveling alone with no group of friends or anything. I've read online that tourists unfortunately sometimes encounter pickpockets, people trying to rip you off and the such but aside from issues like such, exactly how safe is bulgaria for a young Irish couple? Are there any areas we should completely avoid? Also, is it safe to go for walks on the beach in late evening/night?

We were planning on staying in Hotel Glarus (haven't booked yet). Any information or tips from people who have been there or at that hotel would be greatly appriciated. I'm kind of afraid of us being taken advantage of because we'r so young and its our first time visiting. Thanks a mill :)

PS. Also have a choice of booking with either Thomson or Holiday Hypermarket (both are same price) so if anyone had some info on who is better and more reliable that would be great!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

We've been there once as we've friends with a holiday home there. It's a nice enough place I thought. Any place that's touristy these days is gonna have its share of pickpockets and people trying to rip off tourists.
    Just have your wits about you. Keep valuables at the hotel, carry cash that you need while you're out. Just be careful, that's all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

heading here with one of the lads any help on the best bars, clubs, food ect

Advertisement