Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Santa fe new type

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, 7 seat only.
    I'd imagine a 5 seat will be worth a lot less used as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Its actually 7 seat.
    You can see the boot is quite big either way.
    (141d5374)
    smmk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The 7 seats shouldn't make any difference. If you don't need them you can just leave them folded down they don't really affect the boot once down. It is still quite big and the floor is completly flat once the seats are down.

I really dont want a 7 seater, and would imagine the leg space is better in the 5 seater. I cant see why the uk market gets an option of 5 or 7 seater.
    Practical and versatile

True to its heritage, the Santa Fe still offers the versatility and practicality expected in this class of vehicle. The 5 seat model has an increased luggage capacity of 585 litres with the seats up, expanding to a substantial 1,680 litres with seats down. The 7 seat model offers the flexibility of an MPV, while benefitting from up to 516 litres of luggage capacity with the third row seats folded flat and 1,615 litres when both 2nd and 3rd row seats are down. To provide even greater flexibility, the 2nd row seats slide back providing more leg space or forward to increase luggage capacity further.

• Advertisement

You can see here how far the 5 seat middle row can go back, the wheel arch is in the way

hge2.jpg

The trouble with these brochures is they always slide the seats forward to make the rearmost seats seem bigger.

The bolstering of the seat in the 5 seat (with seat slid all the way back) is pretty much in line with the airbag logo on the rear door, for reference

This pic of the 7 seater has the seats looking in the same position as they are in the 5 seat, you can see the airbag logo again on the door. If the 5 seater was actually bigger in the middle you wouldn't be able to see it.

myby.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

horse7 wrote: »
    I really dont want a 7 seater, and would imagine the leg space is better in the 5 seater. I cant see why the uk market gets an option of 5 or 7 seater.
    Practical and versatile

True to its heritage, the Santa Fe still offers the versatility and practicality expected in this class of vehicle. The 5 seat model has an increased luggage capacity of 585 litres with the seats up, expanding to a substantial 1,680 litres with seats down. The 7 seat model offers the flexibility of an MPV, while benefitting from up to 516 litres of luggage capacity with the third row seats folded flat and 1,615 litres when both 2nd and 3rd row seats are down. To provide even greater flexibility, the 2nd row seats slide back providing more leg space or forward to increase luggage capacity further.

Would you not consider the ix35 instead, cheaper but still with decent space inside ?

I have a sport age at the moment,and though the ix35 is a fine car, I don't like the look of it,

Have you the current model sportage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭blingrhino

very few new type sante fe on the roads these days compared to the old type - it must be the price , €40 plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

blingrhino wrote: »
    very few new type sante fe on the roads these days compared to the old type - it must be the price , €40 plus

It's not the price - it's availability.

Been a real struggle to get hold of any of the new models, since they were launched. Big delivery in May, so they are now relatively readily available, so you should see more on the road soon.

Drove one last month - a 4wd Executive, and I was very impressed. Certainly had the edge over the CX5 Auto I drove the day before.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have you the current model sportage?

Yes the 2012 one,there is a 2014 one,with some changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

What about the new look Nissan Qashqai

Sorry not a Qashqai fan,but the new one looks streets ahead of the previous model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Sorry not a Qashqai fan,but the new one looks streets ahead of the previous model.

What about the new X- trail :) so

http://www.nissan.ie/vehicles/x-trail-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

To me that Santa Fe boot looks no larger then a normal Estate car.

What are your needs/requirements in a car????

Its got to look great,be reliable, roomy, have at least 5 year warranty, hold its value well, and be reasonably priced.

fabsoul wrote: »
    What about the new X- trail :) so

http://www.nissan.ie/vehicles/x-trail-2/

price is competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

Thereby conclusively proving that the terms 'looks well' and 'holds value' are purely subjective ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

blingrhino wrote: »

My brother-in-law had an old santa fe and was happy with it. When he was replacing it last year, he tried the new model and didn't like it.

• Advertisement

seagull wrote: »
    My brother-in-law had an old santa fe and was happy with it. When he was replacing it last year, he tried the new model and didn't like it.

Have looked at some compare sites and the sport age is ahead of the Santa fe and x-trail.

Isn't the Santa Fe more a Sorento rival?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭freddieot

I've had one Santa Fe (02-06) and since then have been driving Sorentos. Current one is a 2012 auto. I've also driven the Sportage as my friend has one.

Sportage is much smaller, less equipment (although still high spec). The Sorento, at 197bhp is far more powerful. The Santa Fe uses the same powerplant.

All are very good cars IMO but you are not really comparing like with like if you compare the Sportage with the Santa Fe \ Sorento.

The santa fe is 100 more in road tax and 3 or 4 mpg less than the sportage,so its running costs are close,but inside the santa fe is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The santa fe is 100 more in road tax and 3 or 4 mpg less than the sportage,so its running costs are close,but inside the santa fe is really nice.

Does 100 euro extra and 3 to 4 mpg really make that much difference when spending 35 to 40 k :eek:

If you prefer the Santa Fe - then go for it :D

Advertisement