Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Hastings

Options
  • 14-06-2014 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am moving to Hastings in September for a job. I know very little about the area, other than the fact that there was a battle there in 1066.

Does anyone know anything interesting about it? Is there a decent nightlife? Where is the nearest city?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi OP,

I think you're going to be in a very quiet part of the country. Brighton is probably the closest place for a full on night out. It depends on how far you are willing to travel. Eastbourne is a bit closer. You aren't too far from London either.
    You're very close to the Sussex Downs which are meant to be gorgeous. I bought a guidebook recently and am planning on spending a few weekends out hiking.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement