Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CeX coming to Douglas

Options
  • 14-06-2014 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

CeX are apparently coming to Douglas. does anyone know a date or what premises they will be taking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Sam Mac wrote: »
    CeX are apparently coming to Douglas. does anyone know a date or what premises they will be taking?

Douglas Village Shopping Centre

https://ie.webuy.com/stores/store_details.php?branchId=1526#.U5xnE4m9LCQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

anyone know when its opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

July 12

SkySter wrote: »
    July 12

wow that early? are they taking the unit next to Pucchinos cafe?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

wow that early? are they taking the unit next to Pucchinos cafe?

It's beside the (now closed) pet shop.
    Tesco side.

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    It's beside the (now closed) pet shop.
    Tesco side.

Ah I know the place. Nice one. have they started work on it already?

Ah I know the place. Nice one. have they started work on it already?

Yep.
    Signs in the windows.
    Shop facade done and the interior is being completed.
    Will be good for Douglas IMO.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yep.
    Signs in the windows.
    Shop facade done and the interior is being completed.
    Will be good for Douglas IMO.

Yep, will be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

dazftw wrote: »

The Cex store owner has half a million subscribers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The Cex store owner has half a million subscribers! :D

And an american accent for all his other videos!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Sounds like a PewDiePie copycat accent, and approach, to me. Not even a very funny one, although I have to confess to only ever finding my first PewDiePie video funny. Aren't they all just the same bit every time, giggling Swedish nerd swearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JJL_Justin

How could he of copied a guy who started years after him? :P They don't have the same humor any way, one is over reacting, and one is not >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Yep, will be great!

I don't know what everyone is so excited about, they're pretty expensive for buying and give f all when buying.

I don't know what everyone is so excited about, they're pretty expensive for buying and give f all when buying.

Blu-rays and DVDs usually €1-€3 is not bad at all, and I usually find some great DVD's for 50c too!

Electronics, yes they are fairly dear alright, but for DVDs/Blu-rays/Games they are pretty damn good value.

Was in the new douglas store today, it looks great, fully stocked and all.

But it's got a great selection, nowhere B&M in cork come anywhere close!
    Not the cheapest but well worth a look IMO.

They may not give the most but are decent, but the convenience of it can be well worth it, especially for offloading a load of old games/DVD's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I was in this place today, I don't know how they made this business work, the DVDs were pretty cheap, one was 50cent! but the Tablets and phones are really expensive, they have an ipad1 for €255:eek: that should be in a museum! An ipad 2 was €345, a iPhone 4s was €305! It's only €399 for the same phone from apple, and the one in the shop was covered in scratches, I didn't see a mention of a warranty either,
    It's mind boggling who would pay so much when for not much more you can get an Apple refurb or even a new product from Apple, or a dodgy scratched 4s from Donedeal for €100 less!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thatnewguy1

bladebrew wrote: »
    I was in this place today, I don't know how they made this business work, the DVDs were pretty cheap, one was 50cent! but the Tablets and phones are really expensive, they have an ipad1 for €255:eek: that should be in a museum! An ipad 2 was €345, a iPhone 4s was €305! It's only €399 for the same phone from apple, and the one in the shop was covered in scratches, I didn't see a mention of a warranty either,
    It's mind boggling who would pay so much when for not much more you can get an Apple refurb or even a new product from Apple, or a dodgy scratched 4s from Donedeal for €100 less!

I'll try to keep this unbiased as I work in the Douglas store :P

The electronics are priced around the idea of trading in something against them to make them a great deal while still keeping the normal price a good deal. In regards to the phone having scratches they have grades A,B and C so it may have been a C grade and also everything in store has a 12 month warranty.

When it comes to donedeal, from personnel experience there's a good chance of them getting locked after a few months as a lot of people selling them on there just canceled a contract. I am sure a lot would be fine but there are always people looking for a quick scam and people I know might have just been unlucky :/

Having reread what I wrote it does sound biased but just trying to shed some light on the brand as I know it is not too well known over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Ok I will admit it's not that bad a deal when the warranty is included, that is something worth paying a bit extra for,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I'll try to keep this unbiased as I work in the Douglas store :P

When it comes to donedeal, from personnel experience there's a good chance of them getting locked after a few months as a lot of people selling them on there just canceled a contract. I am sure a lot would be fine but there are always people looking for a quick scam and people I know might have just been unlucky

As with a any shop doing business in this nature, how does CEX stop this scam from happening? Whats to stop me coming in a selling you guys a new phone and claiming it was stolen a few weeks later? Its a common enough scam and to be fair the networks tend to stand on the side of the person who lost the phone or whatever other excuse they use..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 thatnewguy1

As with a any shop doing business in this nature, how does CEX stop this scam from happening? Whats to stop me coming in a selling you guys a new phone and claiming it was stolen a few weeks later? Its a common enough scam and to be fair the networks tend to stand on the side of the person who lost the phone or whatever other excuse they use..

Everyone that trades in hardware for cash needs to give photo ID like a driving license or passport and signed up as a member so if someone does try to pull something like that we can track the person that traded it to us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking at these guys site it says they pay €170 for a 4s. I assume this is the max price for an unlocked phone? Also do you need to have its original packaging?

I'm looking to upgrade to a 6 and this would pretty much fund it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

gimmick wrote: »
    Looking at these guys site it says they pay €170 for a 4s. I assume this is the max price for an unlocked phone? Also do you need to have its original packaging?

You will get more off adverts of donedeal.
    I've been using donedeal a lot lately to sell, much easier than adverts tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

54kroc wrote: »
    You will get more off adverts of donedeal.
    I've been using donedeal a lot lately to sell, much easier than adverts tbh.

I'd go the opposite here, I find the openness of adverts brilliant and no details exchanged until a sale is agreed. Perhaps it doesn't have the audience of donedeal but I prefer the format!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

gimmick wrote: »

https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=4s+a&section=

They have category A, B and C depending on the condition of the phone and if you have accessories/box. If it was in A condition and an unlocked 16gb you'd get €189 for it in cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

SomeFool wrote: »
    I'd go the opposite here, I find the openness of adverts brilliant and no details exchanged until a sale is agreed. Perhaps it doesn't have the audience of donedeal but I prefer the format!

Adverts is grand, I bought something on there today, I just find for selling phones donedeal gets the job done better, quicker and for more money, with the added benefit of not having to put up with ad wreckers and low ballers.
    I've sold five phones since January on there all within one day of posting the ad, I can tell you for sure you wouldn't have a hope of doing that on adverts.

Advertisement