Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit bushes sprayed accidentally.

Options
  • 14-06-2014 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭

More of a moan than a question.
    I sprayed under fruit bushes like I've done fr the last few years. But now I see one section are dieing off. Just noticed thismorning. Absolutely gutted.
    I sprayed on a nice calm evening and was careful with contact on leaves. And they wee doing so well ad loaded with fruit too. I'd say I'll loose maybe 10-12 bushes of white currant.
    Leaves are yellowing, is there nothing can be done ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

If the leaves are yellowing then there is very little you can do I think. How long ago did you spray and with what? But it's unlikely that you would get spray drift on to 10 or 12 bushes on a calm evening unless you were really lashing it around.

Is there a chance anyone else could have been spraying nearby? There's always a possibility that its not spray related at all -- were the plants waterlogged at any point? Are they firm and secure in the ground - i.e. if you gently shake them are the stems loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Only myself spraying and I thought I was careful. Plants were healthy just prior to spraying so I fairly sure this is my own careless fault. Spray was Gallup (roundup)
    I'll keep an eye in them but I'm not hopeful at all. Pox luck as they're quite prominent in my garden too :(

Back to futureforests in the spring for replacements I think.

Advertisement