Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 weeks and worried!

Options
  • 13-06-2014 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi I was messing with my partner shaking my booty vigorously from side to side like salsa dancing and now I'm worried I did some damage? I'm 11 weeks pregnant, do you think shaking vigorously from side to side like that can do some damage to the foetus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I seriously doubt it . Your body would let you kno pronto if you were doing damage . I'm 11 weeks too god bless your energy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

They are very well insulated, padded and protected in there so don't worry, bubba is fine. You only ever need to worry if you are bleeding and/or have severe abdominal pain. A bit of booty shaking never did anyone any harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From Google;

Try to choose a dedicated pregnancy dance class, if there's one in your area, or a low-impact aerobic dance class. The emphasis should be on maintaining fitness, rather than improving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Baby is so tiny and has so much room and is so well-cushioned at that stage, I honestly wouldn't be in the slightest bit worried! If you have bleeding or pain, go to the doctor/hospital, but otherwise I really wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Wouldn't worry at all Jellybeans, I did normal pilates up to 13W, no problems. If you have been dancing previous to this and haven't just started out of the blue at 11W, it's no bother on the body or the baby for the majority of women to carry out the exercise she was doing prior to pregnancy. You may have to tone it down if you have any issues with your early pregnancy or later in pregnancy when your heart rate can go higher during exercise than normal and you are more prone to fainting. If you have any bleeding or pain though, go straight to the doc.

I was worried about everything before I booked a scan for 12W. If you are very worried and a 12W scan isn't available to you, I would recommend booking a private one like I did. It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders when I saw the baby looked fine and I got to hear it's heartbeat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement