Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone own a Canyon Ultimate AL bike

Options
  • 13-06-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've seen an add for these road bikes in a magazine and they appear to be great value, just as lite as as an average carbon bike. However they are German bikes which must be bought over the internet. So you don't get to check them out before you buy.

If anyone has one I would be very interested to hear your views on them.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from training logs sub-forum

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have one I built up myself from a frameset, about 2009 or 2010 vintage.

I mostly use it for short races, but I have done longer rides (e.g. 180km) on it without difficulty.

Handling is good, especially down sweeping descents.

I have no complaints apart from the non-standard steerer which makes stems difficult to source.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Hi Munig,
    I have a Canyon Ulimate AL, and cannot fault it.
    We've covered thousands of kms together since I put it together (no need to panic - mostly it was pre-constructed, in-factory, I just tightened a few things! I also upgraded the wheels), including one Ras na mBan, a 200km audax, and numerous over-100km events... super comfy, excellent value for money, and ample oomph!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Munig

Thanks for messages, I will keep it mind when I'm choosing my new bike.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

Munig wrote: »
    Thanks for messages, I will keep it mind when I'm choosing my new bike.

Thanks

Cycling Plus Magazine recently crowned the Ultimate AL it's 2014 Race Bike of the year. They even said they preferred it to the Ultimate CF Sl 9.0, which is some compliment considering the Price difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

is there an online version of that article?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

godtabh wrote: »
    is there an online version of that article?

There is indeed. Just google: cycling plus bike of the year 2014 canyon ultimate al slx. 4.5 stars.

Advertisement