Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oil tap leaking

Options
  • 13-06-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

Hey just a quick question..

I just noticed that the oil tap at the side of the house is leaking. Just wondering is it a big (expensive) job to repair it..

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Hey just a quick question..

I just noticed that the oil tap at the side of the house is leaking. Just wondering is it a big (expensive) job to repair it..

Depends where it's leaking. A photo would help. Is it the valve at the tank? Has the back of the tank been lifted every now and then to get last out of it?
    More info needed.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

No its not the tap/value on the actual tank...there's a value/tap on the line where it comes into the house...that's where its leaking from.

I can't attach photos unfortunately..

I can't attach photos unfortunately..

Do a www search for fire valve and also for remote acting fire valve and see if that is the valve you have leaking.

It doesn't look like either of those...I could email a pic to u...

• Advertisement

It doesn't look like either of those...I could email a pic to u...

Ok. PM sent.

Email sent

Its leaking out of the right hand side end..

Email sent

Its leaking out of the right hand side end..

What was that valve put there for...to get some oil into a container?
    Anyway, it will be a cheap fix for any handy man/woman. If its leaking much and you are not using the heating, turn it off at the tank until you get it sorted.

Just looked again; is there a bend after that valve with a pipe going in through the wall? Also fyi that valve is in the on position.

Wearb wrote: »
    What was that valve put there for...to get some oil into a container?
    Anyway, it will be a cheap fix for any handy man/woman. If its leaking much and you are not using the heating, turn it off at the tank until you get it sorted.

Just looked again; is there a bend after that valve with a pipe going in through the wall? Also fyi that valve is in the on position.

Yea but its turned off at the tank but thanls for pointing it out..so its off now..we use the oil for heating but willl just use emersion for the next while..yes there is a pipe goin in through the wall so I assume the value is something to do with it..maybe to stop the flow of oil to the cooker if necessary

Yea but its turned off at the tank but thanls for pointing it out..so its off now..we use the oil for heating but willl just use emersion for the next while..yes there is a pipe goin in through the wall so I assume the value is something to do with it..maybe to stop the flow of oil to the cooker if necessary

Ok. Anyway it will be an inexpensive fix as far as these things go.

• Advertisement

Good to know..thanks for ur help and advice.

Advertisement