Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth car radio questions

Options
  • 13-06-2014 12:04pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A while ago I paired my phone with my father's car radio and ever since he's been unable to connect his own as it always defaults to my old phone (which is in a different country, was given to a new owner and has since died!). Is there some standard way of wiping all traces of a paired phone from a car radio or am I asking in the wrong place?

On a related note, is it possible to pair two android phones to the same car radio and if so, what happens if both devices are in proximity to the car - does the last one to connect get preference or the first one or do they fight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You should be able to delete a phone from the radio, should be an option in there.

Depending on the radio, you should also be able to pair a number of phones to it, and define the priority so if both are there it will chose one over the other to connect to.

Although it the radio is having trouble connecting to your dads and trying to default to a previous phone it sounds like your dads won't be able to do that.

Advertisement