Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 13 June

Options
  • 13-06-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

That is my tip as well.

been lurking here for a while so just want to thank everyone for the info that has been posted recently. Meehans horse is being heavily backed in the 2.20 at Muss. has posted a couple of decent efforts notably behind Crowleys Law in its last race. 4/1 now available at Bet Victor for Spice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

Any fancies for clonmel today. tricky card, loads of big handicaps.
    I had my eye on carberry in the 6.30, mon carlos. seems to be money for it too. will take 7/1 with powers now

i hope pierlow runs well for the boys on here who have a share in him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

famagusta wrote: »

i hope pierlow runs well for the boys on here who have a share in him.

I missed that. Fingers crossed that he gets a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

How much has pierlow set ye back lads?
    De bromhead is laughing all the way to the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Great post your a credit to this forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

I like the look of pay your way in the first for adrian maguire fairly unexposed 14-1 now doubt it will be that price before the off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Great post your a credit to this forum..

Ive had a few in training, I know how expensive it can be and the money some trainers make is cruel. That horse has shown nothing in about 10 runs yet the trainer and owners have naively persisted costing a small fortune, really hope for there own sake they see sense soon

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

7.50 Chepstow Secret Beau 6/1 1 point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Just watched the first in Clonmel, did anyone else see the blatant non trier finishing 3rd Indian Fairy, ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JAORTA

Kim's Dream 5.25 Clonmel
    Info comes from a farrier who works with that horse. He was told to bet on it today by yard.
    EW bet if price is there

Thanks for tip but do you not think
    it would have been a little wiser not to mention the farrier giving the info.The poor man could very well lose his gig in that yard....he would if i was the owner or trainer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Strong support for Mon Carlos in the 6.30 is eye catching with Carberry in the saddle. Looking through the form, I can't see anything to even suggest it may be laid out for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Is he yeah?

Well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Pierlow wins!! Great stuff for the lads. Your first winner is always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Delighted

Fantastic result - delighted for the lads - they deserve it! And people say Friday 13 is an unlucky day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

yet the trainer and owners have naively persisted costing a small fortune, really hope for there own sake they see sense soon

Or not :pac:

well done lads

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dilinja1

well done the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭ComplyOrDie

TBH I agree Irish_Major. He's in training for some time and the bill's don’t stop coming. Now that he has won....they will have the bug and he could be on the go for a while yet, but with such a low rating over hurdles (3 bad runs will see him struggling to get into races), then they will presumable hcap him over fences (More money). Having said that I think it is one of those big syndicates so they got a day out, a few quid on at a nice price and a piss up. They will surly celebrate like he is after winning the gold cup (and that’s what it all about, the buzz when they win in unbelievable). Looking in from an outside pov it’s a black hole, for the syndicate members after tonight’s performance they will say it was worth it.
    Best of luck lads, I hope he wins again (Just not when he runs again on of mine:P)

Anyone who goes into horse racing expecting a return is, in my opinion, very naíve. Horses cost money from the moment you buy them, regardless of whether they're a high performance race horse or just a companion horse in the field. I remember when I was on the course to get my licence, we were informed that only approximately 6% or horses get placed in any race, with even fewer actually winning. So, if you look at those stats, you'll realise that you will be exceptionally lucky to even break even as a horse owner, even if you are in a position to train and ride them yourself.

Most people who get into ownership will do so with their eyes wide open, and do so more for the day out, the buzz of having your own horse, seeing your colours and being in the parade ring before and after the race, preferably in a place or winners enclosure. That's really what you're paying for. To get a horse to the start of a race is a massive achievement, anything else after that is a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

PIERLOW, the lads are laughing all the way to the winners enclosure, two wins under rules are still two winners under rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

hucklebuck wrote: »
    PIERLOW, the lads are laughing all the way to the winners enclosure, two wins under rules are still two winners under rules.

When Wells Diamond was retired I was asked if I wanted to go into the syndicate for Pierlow, kinda sick I didn't now! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What happened to Wells Diamond?

When Wells Diamond was retired I was asked if I wanted to go into the syndicate for Pierlow, kinda sick I didn't now! :o

You can still join if you message Henry on facebook.

Reckon he has a few more wins in him, when Lynch isnt riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What happened to Wells Diamond?

She was a donkey to but it bluntly, showed no progression so was decided to retire her.
    hucklebuck wrote: »
    You can still join if you message Henry on facebook.

Reckon he has a few more wins in him, when Lynch isnt riding.

I've gotten into saving my syndicate money so I can go back and finish my Honours Degree next year so my horse racing ownership career is on standby for a couple of years. :(

Fair play man, would love to get involved again in the future but will have to see.

Advertisement