Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Third Year Sociology

Options
  • 12-06-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I'm going into third year Sociology, and I am interested in using this thread to discuss my options regarding modules.

I am undecided about the topic I'm doing for my dissertation, but there are some modules that interest me:

Sociology of Tourism - really intrigued by this module, firstly because I have a great interest in tourism, and second because Eamonn Slater is my favourite lecturer ever, I got an A in his "Modern Irish Society" module in 1st year and a high B in "Marx on Ireland" in 2nd year. My notes from those courses are also so fluent and coherent, I really don't think I'll mind the late Thursday classes as long as Slater teaches them.

Social Worlds of Children - interesting title. I took Psychology for 1st year and a "Children's Literature" module during my study abroad period, so am familiar with researching from a child's perspective.

Sociology of Religion - admittedly 9am lectures on Friday will be tough, but I love Religion as a research topic particularly with regard to how it influences the way we think and how it shapes the world, and I think I may regret it if I don't do this module.

If anyone has taken these modules can you please inform me of subject matter, the lecturer's performance and other aspects of each?

Also when will I need to sign up for optional modules? I'm back from a year studying abroad, so the process is not as fresh in my mind.

Thanks,
    Michael

Advertisement