Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching Marriages

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FYXL-NPL for the second I presume?

Ignore the image number. Its not guaranteed that those two married each other but its as close as you're going to get before the GRO indexes come online. Time to order that cert...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

yep that the one cheers MYOB.

Ive a person advising me and i think there wrong on a lot of things!!:(

They are also telling me that the record will not have both set of parents names that i need to go to the church for this? right or wrong?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Civil marriage cert will have father's names and occupations. A Catholic marriage record may have both parents, it depends on the individual parish

Edit : Kate Murphy is the only other person matching those references, so unless there's an error in transcriptions, she has to be the cross-match

Garreth/Garret is not that common a first name... wonder if the following might be him on the census returns at Ballyknockan_Upper townland near Rathdrum town ?

if that family is correct then it looks like the maiden name of Garret's mother, Annie, may also be Murphy

brother-in-law to head of household, Garret's father Michael, in 1901 is a Thomas Murphy, and there's a possible marriage match for a Michael Kavanagh and Annie Murphy in Rathdrum district in 1881, which fit's the 'years married' details they filled in on the 1911 census. It's a long shot with such common surnames, but looks like that might fit as there are not many Garret Kavanagh/Cavanagh etc listed

• Advertisement

I believe the Garret Kavanagh I mentioned on the census returns was baptised 1891 as Gerald, but civil registered as Garrett. Baptisms for him and a number of his siblings appear in Rathdrum RC parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Well if it's any consolation to you, I've ordered many certs with just the page no and Vol number matching because thats all thats relevant to the GRO the image no is only relevant to Familysearch!

And as Shanew said they are the only couple on that page anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

Thanks everyone ive match up 7 today after getting rid of the image number!!

yep thats him in the census alright!! What do you get the baptisms on btw?

I figured out the baptisms by experimenting with the free index on RootsIreland (pay-website)

Advertisement