Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunker for briquette

Options
  • 12-06-2014 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My shed is getting very full...I'm looking for a bunker to store 30 to 40 bales of briquette...any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

a plastic coal bunker with a big opening ........

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Whacker paddy

Why not get a pallet and a tarp? Save you buying a bunker, any of them for the size you need are well over €100.

• Site Banned Posts: 31 bumblebee2

a plastic coal bunker with a big opening ........
    It would need to be the mother of all coal bunkers to store 40 bales of briquettes in . LOL
    A euro pallet for free from a builders merchants or a diy store and a tarpaulin for 9 euro in Aldi or Woodies is the way to go.Stack the briquettes up in a staggered fashion on the pallet so that they dont fall off you make the most of your pallet space too.Then cover them over with the tarp so they dont get wet or any moisture gets into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Thanks folks,

I had resigned myself to the plastic coal bunker until I found this...

http://www.donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/fuel-bunker/4110891

Seems to tick all the boxes, plus room for 70 bales, more than enough to see me through the winter.

• Site Banned Posts: 31 bumblebee2

boobar wrote: »
    Thanks folks,

I had resigned myself to the plastic coal bunker until I found this...

www .donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/fuel-bunker/4110891

Seems to tick all the boxes, plus room for 70 bales, more than enough to see me through the winter.
    A bord na mona bale of briquettes is approx 17 inches long and 8 inches wide so I cant see how that wooden box will store 70 bales of briquettes.have you thought about the saze of that box in your shed?The lid is a one piece lid so that means you cant put any item ontop of that box so the space above this box will be unusable space and space that is lost.make sure that you think it through fully before you commit to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

bumblebee2 wrote: »
    A bord na mona bale of briquettes is approx 17 inches long and 8 inches wide so I cant see how that wooden box will store 70 bales of briquettes.have you thought about the saze of that box in your shed?The lid is a one piece lid so that means you cant put any item ontop of that box so the space above this box will be unusable space and space that is lost.make sure that you think it through fully before you commit to buy.

Fair enough on the size...I'll have to check that out and see how many bales will fit in.

I wasn't planning on keeping it in the shed. I was going to keep it in a yard outside the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Lidl have this in tomorrow, prob not enough capacity but looks useful for general storage.

71656wk2514_01_f.jpg

Advertisement