Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie challange: Red devil @ Green Hell.

• 12-06-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I heard this challenge set somewhere else as a joke but it's no joke here, the Ferrari F40 S3 (S1?) on the Nordschleife. This one isn't about winning, it's about surviving.

The only problem is unofficial tracks aren't properly supported on RSR. It will record the times and you can see them in game when you're on the track but there is no leaderboard to compare times. We could take a screenshot with the rsr app open to show whether it was a clean lap or not, while we look for an alternative way of tracking, but I'd trust people here to give an honest account of their lap.

Download the Nordschleife from here, keep in mind there are two nords out there, snoopys is reguarded as the best of them.

This can be a long running challenge, with a lap somewhere in the 7 minute range we'll probably need a good bit of practice. The F40 S3 is a beast of a car that will actively try and kill you, with the green hell helping it expect many casualties.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tried this last night, so many fails. I think I did around ten laps and not one of them was clean enough to post a time.

The record is 7:30, I think I should be just about able to beat the 8 minute mark on a clean run. It's so hard to stay calm in this car, it can't help but act like a hooligan.

The replays of this combo look incredible, for some reason the car looks like it's traveling much faster than I've seen any car go in a replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Holy crap! Surviving is right, just getting through the first series of corners is an achievement.
    That car is a wild animal on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've managed to put in one hotlap, it was something like a 7:45. It's the only clean lap I managed out of dozens of tries.

Advertisement