Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Izumi clothing

Options
  • 12-06-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Any comments or recommendations..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Nothing wrong with it apart from aesthetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I've only had a few pieces of Pearl Izumi clothes (couple of jerseys I think, and more recently various gloves including winter ones, arm warmers) and I've been impressed by them. My wife has a pair of winter tights and a pair of overshoes from them too which seem to be good.

As with most brands they do different ranges. "Pro" is their top range, "Elite" is below that, and they may have others too. Our stuff is a mix from the different ranges, but from memory I've read the most positive reviews about their Pro range.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Quite like their kit, I have one jersey and shorts from them. The chamois is a fair bit smaller and less spongey than most shorts I've owned, which I quite like.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Cheers guys, torn between buying a super expensive pair of Assos or Castelli shorts or a short/jersey set from Pearl Izumi for the same price...
    http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=73490;page=1;menu=1000,18,61;mid=0;pgc=1704:16336::1698:1700::11356:11357

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Paddigol

I think those of us who signed for Argos Shimano at the start of the season are kitted out by PI?? I like the bib shorts anyway for the same reason as Darkglasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Have the Argos kit best bib shorts I have very comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Have Assos shorts - excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

I have a couple of their jerseys and find them good. I get them more for substance over style primarily for the larger form factor :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Pearl Izumi are one of the few to offer clothing with an UPF rating. Worth considering if you're the fair skinned type

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have a jacket for about three years. Have worn it to death, only now beginning to wear out. Will get another to replace it.

Their gloves are great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Juan More Time

I have some Pearlizumi thermal tops and some long sleeve jerseys...They are well made and comfortable to wear. I tried on some of their bib shorts...very strange fit...prefer assos bibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

How is the fitting on the pearl izumi clothing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

paulgs wrote: »
    How is the fitting on the pearl izumi clothing

Pretty standard in my experience, I didn't need to size up or down at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

Pretty standard in my experience, I didn't need to size up or down at all.

Cheers. Looking at getting in some winter gear while it is still on sale.

Advertisement