Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opaque tights or not dilemma!

Options
  • 12-06-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

Hi I bought a French connection dress to wear to dinner tomorrow night.

http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/woman+Collections+dresses/71BCV/Amakhala+Flared+Jersey+Dress.htm

I'm a bit in the heavy side but dress looks well, it's not as short on me (thankfully)

So my question is would I get away with wearing black opaque tights or will I have to go with nude?? My legs are a blue/white colour that fake tan simply goes not work on :)
    All opinions greatly appreciated ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 10354127

That dress is gorgeous! I would wear black tights with it. There is no point in baring your legs and feeling uncomfortable for the night! Brighten it up with a nude/cream accessories if you think its too dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

The model is quite pale and the dress looks lovely with pale legs (i.e. I don't think you need to be tanned to wear it bare legged). I do think black tights will also look well with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Dress is gorgeous and I think it would work just as well with black tights as it would with bare legs. You could just apply a light layer of tan you don't need to go ott, the model has pale skin and it looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I wouldn't wear black tights with it in this sunny weather. Would you try an instant tan like Cocoa Brown lovely legs or Karora do a good one. Or you could get some skin coloured tights, M&S do a good range.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thanks for replies :)
    As tomorrow is payday (monthly) I left dress in shop to be liberated tomorrow . Driving me a bit mad that I can't try on dress and tights now :)
    But I'm sure it will be grand I have both tights here so I'll go with the flow.

I've yet to find a tan that works on my legs. I know I'm wrong but I'm just too lazy to keep trying. Which us why I love opaques.

Thanks for the help :)

Hope ye all have a great weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unless it's a sun dress or beach dress, I'd never go tight-less. Bare legs are not a good look at night in cooler temperatures.

Nude or opaque would go equally well with the dress, go with what you think looks best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

dudara wrote: »
    Unless it's a sun dress or beach dress, I'd never go tight-less. Bare legs are not a good look at night in cooler temperatures.

Nude or opaque would go equally well with the dress, go with what you think looks best.

I completely agree I think everyone's legs (no matter how good) look much better clad in tights/stockings. It just finishes off a dress IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

While on the tights topic I thought I'd share this site, which I'm very excited about!

http://www.mytights.com/hosieryadvice-skintone/

As a very very pale person I've never been able to find nude tights that weren't ridiculous looking on me, but this site breaks it down into skin tone and suggests brands that do suitable shades...I'm just about to get the credit card out!

It also has a range of tights for darker skin colours too, which are usually overlooked by high street shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

no blue irish skin category unfortunately!

Advertisement