Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL language for QA role

Options
  • 12-06-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm looking to learn SQL language for my role as QA Software Tester and get certified.

I mostly use SQL that the developer gives to me and just run it or tweak it abit. I'm okay with basic select statements its when I have to join Tables and do more advanced queries.
    I've done afew online tutorials as well. The practice samples are okay, its when I'm in work and trying to find the right tables I need, there is no in-house training and while its nice to know SQL the company aren't encouraging the QA team to learn it ourselves.

My company uses Oracle Pl/SQL but I may move jobs next year so I'd like to keep my options opened, if the next company uses another database or maybe I should just train up in Oracle PL/SQL and it might stand to me?

I was looking at some PL/SQL courses run in Fitzwilliams college, either evening diploma or post grad, but I'm not sure, there more for database development. Can't post the link.

Would a course like this be suitable, I have a degree in IT & Business I did 12 years ago already. It might be a bit overkill for what I need in my current role, but then I'd be thinking it might help if I wanted to move into Database development in a few years in another company or if I'm still in QA a future employer would see it as a plus.

Advertisement